Archive for the 'Misc Reviews' Category
In #animeblogger, the topic came to the issue of making money via blogging. Or in Maestro’s (King of AB.net) case, how does he keep the entire AB.net afloat and still free? Auctionads, which I saw on AB, turned out to be useless and a big conjob. It didn’t give any money at all, despite the high page impressions. Adsense is a given of course, but it has this rather heavy-handed banning system that many of us have fallen foul of.
I just couldn’t resist yet another dig at the Kanonards. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2007 is officially superior to Kanon 2007.
Lol. Anyway I saw the film last night and it was truly an epic in the Gatekeepers mould. I’ve quite a bit to say about the show so read on.
When we were kids, TMNT was the bible. It’s funny how we (generally the Gen Y batch) all pretty much just enjoyed the 1987 TV series that was pretty much a clever 30 minute toy commercial. We never knew that TMNT was the spark that ignited the American indie comic industry. We never knew it was a parody of X-men and Daredevil combined. We never knew that the original comic series was dark, gritty and violent compared to the light-hearted kids TV show.
I want my money back, you bloody conmen. Ghost Rider is on par with the Hulk for the worst comic-movie conversion I’ve seen in the cinema. Not counting Daredevil of course, since that one is in a league of its own.
Matt Long stars as the young Johnny Blaze, and he’s so wickedly handsome both the wife and I joined his fanclub. But somehow, he grew old and had a completely new face - Nicholas Cage. We all know Mr Cage can’t act for nuts but this is taking it too far! The CG (poor) Ghost Rider was a better actor than him, despite the "You piss me off. You’re innocent. Nice jacket." lines which are probably be cheesy enough to be used in the cakes at the Maid Cafe.
I bet you guys all use boring "BEEP BEEP" or "RIIIING" alarm clocks… not me. Every morning (Ok afternoon) I wake up to Eri’s sweet sweet voice. That’s right, my alarm clock is an official School Rumble one from Movic!
It costs 6800 yen, which is pretty hefty. KKnM had this in stock for quite some time but were letting it go at S$160, which is really way too expensive for even the most rabid of SR fan boys. But thanks to their recent year-end sale, I took the plunge and coughed up the cash, getting the time-teller for 80 dollars.
Sasa (who’s a real girl and hence must have good fashion sense), Asakura Yoh and I all agree on this. It is also no coincidence that every major character in the ultra-fashionable anime Eureka seveN, especially those on the Gekkogou, have their own personalised pair of cans. Paradise Kiss is a rotten failure of a show because it claims to be about fashion yet doesn’t have much headphone spotlight. The haute couture of otaku fashion, Murata Range’s PSE range of products and designs, also incorporate these devices heavily.
- Right hand.: 28% (122)
- Left hand.: 13% (58)
- Vibrator.: 6% (27)
- An anime character.: 52% (226)
Total Votes : 433
You are currently browsing the Riuva : Research Institute for Unicultural Visual Arts weblog archives for the 'Misc Reviews' category.Longer entries are truncated. Click the headline of an entry to read it in its entirety.
- [LianYL] BRStick - CLANNAD SPECIAL
- [Sticky] Is Anime the Main Avenue for Jpop Growth Outside Japan?
- [LianYL] BRStick - 06
- [Ascaloth] CLANNAD (TV), Episode 04
- [LianYL] BRStick - 05
- Dependance on Subtitles 1000% = LOL
- [LianYL] BRStick - 04
- [LianYL] BRStick - 03
- Animax + Riuva Jigoku Shoujo Futakomori Prize Giveaway!
- [LianYL] BRStick - 02
- Administrative (32)
- Anime (109)
- Anime Rave (40)
- Anime Reviews (10)
- Ascaloth (9)
- Bazaar (27)
- Contests (1)
- Cosplay (4)
- Crest (2)
- Culture (85)
- Events (13)
- Figure Fighters! (1)
- Figurine News (116)
- Figurine Reviews & Galleries (101)
- Figurine Science (10)
- Football (6)
- Games (3)
- Girl Power (6)
- Hardware (12)
- Humour (2)
- Hynavian (6)
- Kokanaden (4)
- LianYL (18)
- Manga Reviews (12)
- Mecha Madness (5)
- Misc Reviews (8)
- Motivation (4)
- Music Reviews, Lyrics and Translations (17)
- People Focus (6)
- Poll Analysis (9)
- Quiz (9)
- Random (2)
- Research (10)
- Weekly Patrol (38)
Most Commented Posts
- Goodbye School Rumble Season 2! Hello Season 3! - 271
- Eureka seveN!! "Decent" Anime?? CHIGAUUUU!! Ultima Class Anime. Spoilers here. - 170
- Anime Rave: Gakuen Alice - 164
- Exclusive: The Vision of Odexflowne - 158
- Hot Discussion: Is Anime Good for Us? Are We Proud of Liking It? - 119
- Nerds Make the Best Boyfriends. FACT! - 102
- Q and A! Find Out What You Need to Know About the Never-Ending Odex Saga! - 92
- Ouran: Who should Haruhi Date? - 89
- What is the Anime Hero of Your Country? - 82
- I Torch You! It’s Raining Offence and Political Correctness Here! YAOI LOVE!! - 81
- Anime Desho Desho?
- Level 2 Dorama: Drmchrs0 strikes
- ADD Mascot: あ-chan is born!
- DARKMIRAGE VS NYORO~N DORAMA!
- ADD Special: Animax Jigoku Shoujo Contest
- Hirano Aya’s Ultimate Zettai Ryouiki
- Japan Fuel
- Japan Internet Usage
- YouTube Mix
- Japanese Doctors
- Steve Chen
- The Egg and I
- Mushi-Shi, Inside the Cage
- E7 v9, Gekko State, Combat Soundtracks
- Air TV vol.2
- Ramblings of DarkMirage
- Code-Geass.com Domain Transfer
- Free Jigoku Shoujo Handphone Straps!
- Nyoro~n: The Aftermath
- Gundam 00 — Nyoro~n Translation Errors
- Gundam 00 — Episode 3
- The FØØL's Progress
- [CONTEST] ANIMAX Jigoku Shojo Phone Strap Giveaway
- BOMB: Aya Hirano’s AT Field
- Screaming Metal 西遊記
- Ani-wave 動漫狂熱
- 火雲邪神 - The Final -
- 17 currently online
- 51 maximum concurrent
- 1430721 total visitors