Archive for August, 2006
The tennis courts are forever occupied! It took lots of rain to drive those pesky PoT-wannabes off. But it also meant the courts were rather wet.
For people who feel inadequate and want a quick-fix solution to feel hip and cool in this otaku world, look no further! By the end of this post, you’ll have the equipment to mingle around with the world’s most elite anime connoisseurs without feeling out of place or embarrassing anyone.
Yukatas are the single most conservatively sexy traditional costume in this world. Then came the modern mini-yukatas, with their hemline high enough for sexy legs to shine and still retaining the ethnic flavour.
Rei is possibly the single most alluring anime female in history.
So today, I would like to discuss why exactly Inukami is the best harem I’ve seen this year. The above blogger is right in his critical analysis of the show but he is missing the crux - why exactly would you analyse Inukami, looking for elements of plot, romance and logic in the first place?
Joining the group for a while, I saw that these guys (one of whom was Bridge Bunny) were very knowledgeable and proficient in Japanese culture aka anime, manga, figurines, mecha action figures etc. The local scene (I hesitate to use the word otaku) is pretty much cluster-based, with separate groups of hard-core fans all behaving very similarly to other groups in a standalone complex. So anybody who thinks he’s alone with no one else to discuss such stuff with should try to either form his own cluster or attempt to join one to maximise his anime/figurine/manga/eroge experience.
- Yes, my best skill now is "watching anime".: 74% (111)
- No, anime is too weak to make me lose control.: 26% (39)
Total Votes : 150
You are currently browsing the Riuva : Research Institute for Unicultural Visual Arts weblog archives for August, 2006.Longer entries are truncated. Click the headline of an entry to read it in its entirety.
- New Camera! W0000 POWER!
- Figure Review: Dark Saber is the Nagato Yuki of Fate
- Weekly Rounds: Tachikoma, F91, More FigShooting, Xeres and Nerds
- I Can’t Buy Figurines of Dead Anime Characters! Or Can I?
- Figure Gallery: Messerschmitt 109 FighterBabe
- Figure Gallery: Melon Munchin’ Monster
- Figure Gallery: Sleepy Hollow Louise Version
- Otaku Hunting and Guitar Talk, Depapepe Power
- Figure News: Scream, Haruhi Fanboys! Last Exile Rocks too.
- EX Figure Review: Riuva’s First Cold Cast! Kuga Natsuki in Swimsuit
- Administrative (16)
- Anime (42)
- Anime Rave (22)
- Anime Reviews (3)
- Culture (34)
- Figure Fighters! (1)
- Figurine News (85)
- Figurine Reviews & Galleries (62)
- Figurine Science (7)
- Football (5)
- Games (1)
- Girl Power (5)
- Hardware (6)
- Manga Reviews (8)
- Mecha Madness (3)
- Misc Reviews (2)
- Motivation (4)
- Music Reviews, Lyrics and Translations (15)
- People Focus (4)
- Poll Analysis (7)
- Quiz (5)
- Weekly Patrol (26)
- 8 currently online
- 45 maximum concurrent
- 260352 total visitors