Archive for August, 2006
How do you watch anime? Do you set up a comfortable pad for yourself to facilitate the 8 hour marathons? I do. I have no computer chair, but a sofa swivel chair. A plastic box which contains raw materials and tools for plamo acts as a legrest. And more importantly, a nice quilt to hug like Peanuts’ Linus. While the hardware stays the same for all anime, the ideal comfort position varies for the type of show.
Gryphon Enterprise is coming out with two Mai-Hime figurines, each of which costs about 5800 yen. The scale and height is not stated strangely, but from the price I reckon it would probably be 1/6 or 1/7? Unless greedy merchants have jacked up prices. Natsuki is in her cross-hand dual gun pose plus school uniform. This pose has already been figurised if I recall correctly, but in a trading or gashapon set. Nevertheless, I like this pose. It would’ve been better if it were a biker suit Natsuki with either her bike or Duran since GSC already has a good version of Natski which I purchased and repeats are undesirable.
If you are offended by this, do check yourself into a psychiatric ward for some emergency treatment. You need it. Either that, or a total lack of humour or self-consciousness. While reading the article, see if you can spot any intentional misuses of words, sneaky references and blatant daggers. Start of article:
Lain, possibly the most recognisable recent anime cyberpunk loli, fittingly, requirs a computer program to look good as a figurine. In simple terms, OMG I PAID 6800 YEN FOR THIS SHIT???? THAT I HAVE TO PHOTOSHOP BEFORE IT EVEN LOOKS ANYTHING LIKE HER AND NOT A UNDEAD ZOMBIE SOAKED IN SWIMMING POOL WATER???
Look at what’s coming up.
- Yes, my best skill now is "watching anime".: 74% (112)
- No, anime is too weak to make me lose control.: 26% (39)
Total Votes : 151
You are currently browsing the Riuva : Research Institute for Unicultural Visual Arts weblog archives for August, 2006.Longer entries are truncated. Click the headline of an entry to read it in its entirety.
- New Camera! W0000 POWER!
- Figure Review: Dark Saber is the Nagato Yuki of Fate
- Weekly Rounds: Tachikoma, F91, More FigShooting, Xeres and Nerds
- I Can’t Buy Figurines of Dead Anime Characters! Or Can I?
- Figure Gallery: Messerschmitt 109 FighterBabe
- Figure Gallery: Melon Munchin’ Monster
- Figure Gallery: Sleepy Hollow Louise Version
- Otaku Hunting and Guitar Talk, Depapepe Power
- Figure News: Scream, Haruhi Fanboys! Last Exile Rocks too.
- EX Figure Review: Riuva’s First Cold Cast! Kuga Natsuki in Swimsuit
- Administrative (16)
- Anime (42)
- Anime Rave (22)
- Anime Reviews (3)
- Culture (34)
- Figure Fighters! (1)
- Figurine News (85)
- Figurine Reviews & Galleries (62)
- Figurine Science (7)
- Football (5)
- Games (1)
- Girl Power (5)
- Hardware (6)
- Manga Reviews (8)
- Mecha Madness (3)
- Misc Reviews (2)
- Motivation (4)
- Music Reviews, Lyrics and Translations (15)
- People Focus (4)
- Poll Analysis (7)
- Quiz (5)
- Weekly Patrol (26)
- 8 currently online
- 45 maximum concurrent
- 260434 total visitors