Moeman’s Journal. March 10, 2009.
This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face.
Today, I made the world a better place. There was a fool, probably a low-intellect amoral type who doesn’t like anime, that I caught sight of during my holy trips to Akiba. It was on the train and he had the audacity to sully my ears with disgusting filth that he calls music, playing loudly from the cellphone grasped in his hand. The song was not by a seiyuu nor was it by any band that had its music featured as opening or ending songs of anime. In other words, it was an evil song that must be purged.
You know how some guys always claim that the past is always better than present? That’s bull. Proof is that every single generation says that. Nostalgia will make whatever stuff from your childhood memory appear to be awesomely good. If every single generation is worse than before, the stone age is nirvana. We can only state that products of each generation evolve and people become more forgiving to their past version of evolution.
I ask a very pertinent question, since this issue was raised in my previous post where I mentioned that I used this blog as part of my out-of-school activities during an interview. TheBigN said, "But the things you never know that can help you out or bust open new doors for you. Life is sorta awesome sometimes." True, but only if your blog name isn’t the "Lolitron" or something really retarded.
I’m assuming it has become customary for animebloggers visiting the Holy Land to announce their upcoming pilgrimage and elicit the envy of their readers.
Therefore, I shall take this opportunity to announce that, HEY I’m going to Japan! The story of how this came to be is pretty strange, and I shall humour you guys by revealing it below. Just keep in mind that at this point, it appears that airfare and lodging are provided and it’s set to be a period of two weeks.
The newfound happiness is but a fleeting one; it almost seems that for our ill-fated hero Okazaki Tomoya, there’s no escaping the cursed life that has been foisted on him, as he finds out the hard way that lightning can, and does, strike twice. The loss of his greatest love five years ago had already taken a horrific toll on him, but faced with a repeat blow with the impending fate of his beloved child with no recourse to prevent it, how can any man summon the will to continue living? What kind of man could possibly be strong enough to weather all that Tomoya has gone through, and is about to face yet again? There are no more tears, and only exhaustion remains. When all hope fails and all happiness fades, the End of the World is nigh.
- dannychoo.com - dannychoo.com - Your portal to Japan
- A Week in Tokyo 27
- Dark Saint
- Japanese Farts
- Tokyo By Night
- Ryouko Asakura
- Welcome To The NHK, Part One
- Gwendolyn, Odin Sphere’s Valkyrie
- Finished Kanon
- Unity Yuno
- PSE-02 Chris Santa
- Ramblings of DarkMirage
- Comiket: War Zone
- Change Is Coming
- Tower of Druaga
- Japan Trip 2008 - Damage Report
- Comiket 75 - Loot
- Sankaku Complex
- This is Blu-ray Quality: Gundam 00 SS
- Mobile Kennel
- Korean Death Threats Made Against Hetalia Author
- Aya Hirano Heads All Star Dragonball Evolution Dub Cast
- Megurine Luka Gallery
- THAT Animeblog
- Gundam 00 S2 - 17: Andrei’s Hail Mary
- Maria+Holic, Episode 4- Oh Shaft
- Maria-sama ga Miteru - 04: The Machinations of Yoshino
- Minami-ke Okaeri - 04: Fighting Touma, Hidden Banchou
- White Album - 04: Calling Your Date Collect…
- The FØØL's Progress
- Who watched the Watchmen?
- Adrian Teo Presents: Dating & Adultery
- The Beholder of Earth’s Future
- Death of a Nation: The Kingdom of Ryukyu
- College Life
Riuva encompasses a broad spectrum of categories mostly figurine, anime and J-music related. Please visit the archives for the full list.
- Diary of an Otaku #2: 13
usagijen, Anonymous, tj_han [...]
- Riuva Quiz: School Rumble Edition! 31
Tatsuo_Tatsuki, Yagami High Republic Army, robin [...]
- [LianYL] Cartoons From Before 31
tragic comedy, Loba, Hynavian [...]
- Are You Embarrassed by the Name of your Blog? 45
Blowfish, Chris, Otaku Dan [...]
- I'm Off to Japan! Envy me! 28
Hynavian, Hinano, Anonymous [...]
- Comparison Study of Anime Male vs Real Male Desirability Traits and Otaku Availability of Said Traits 14
Nargu, Dret, Helix [...]
- Diary of an Otaku #2:
- [LianYL] Cartoons From Before
- Are You Embarrassed by the Name of your Blog?
- I’m Off to Japan! Envy me!
- [Ascaloth] CLANNAD ~After Story~, Episode 21
- Shangri-La: A List of Do-Nots Please, Gonzo
- [LianYL] Someone Take My Wallet Away From Me
- Diary of an Otaku #1: An Introduction
- Why I’m not FUNNY Anymore.
- ANIME’S EVIL!! THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!
Most Commented Posts
- Goodbye School Rumble Season 2! Hello Season 3! - 563
- Eureka seveN!! "Decent" Anime?? CHIGAUUUU!! Ultima Class Anime. Spoilers here. - 223
- Anime Rave: Gakuen Alice - 186
- [LianYL] Hello, Bots And Readers Alike - 176
- Exclusive: The Vision of Odexflowne - 159
- Hot Discussion: Is Anime Good for Us? Are We Proud of Liking It? - 154
- Movie Review: Koizora is so Bad, it makes Dumb and Dumber Smart - 150
- Ouran: Who should Haruhi Date? - 139
- Nerds Make the Best Boyfriends. FACT! - 112
- Q and A! Find Out What You Need to Know About the Never-Ending Odex Saga! - 95
- 12 currently online
- 51 maximum concurrent
- 3280349 total visitors