There’s a recent movement for female bloggers; the "All Girls Round Robin Movement" led by itsubun (edit: sorry for the spelling mistake), usagijen and Hinano. It has caused an uproar among the blogging committee and many female bloggers left their secret hiding spots and jump onto the wagon. Not only that, the male bloggers also try their utmost to join the females only wagon; some declare themselves as a "gal" while the others go masquerade in their attempt to mask their aura of manliness.
(edit note: The organizers are itsubun, usagijen and Sasa. Apologies for the misunderstandings, Sasa and Hinano. Damn, been making way too many mistakes.)
I did contemplate joining but the number of sign-ups shocked me, there are actually many female bloggers around but it’s only through this special promo that I come to know of them. Hence the question, "How do female bloggers mask ourselves in public, be it in reality or through the internet?" Blogging is nothing embarrassing, blogging on anime related topics is also nothing embarrassing. However, when we’re with our non-Otaku friends, how do we survive if all we know of are anime related topics? How are you going to get a boyfriend if all you know of is anime or manga? Fret not, below are 8 tips that you should do so that you can remain a female ninja blogger while having good interpersonal relations with your non-Otaku friends.
Before going out with your non-otaku girlfriends…
1. Study Jay Chou, Farenheit or a handful of the famous.
During outings, a likely topic that will be brought up by ladies would be idols and pop stars. It won’t be sane to mention something like, "I worship Galatea and Miria from Claymore!!!!" Your girlfriends will look at you in horror and wonder what exactly you’re saying. To play safe, go for famous pop idols like Jay Chou, when it’s an individual artist, and any of the members from Farenheit if it’s a boy band. Listen to a few of their songs, memorize the song titles, watch some of the dramas that they’re in and take a good look at them. When the topic on idols is brought up, start flaunting your knowledge on how talented Jay Chou is or how hot Wu Zun from Farenheit is. You only need to know a handful of them as all you need to do is keep insisting that Jay Chou or Wu Zun is the better when any comparison is made.
2. Equip yourself with the lingo to gossip.
If gossiping is a common phenomenal in your clique, it’s best to be aware of your surroundings. Take some time off from manga/anime and take a good look at what’s happening around. You’ll need the lingo to gossip.
3. Equip yourself with "book knowledge".
The "book knowledge" here does not refer to manga knowledge. Instead of going, "My favorites are Claymore by Norihiro Yagi, Vampire Knight by Matsuri Hino, and Special A by Maki Minami", you should say something that fall within the norms. "My favorites are A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks, Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice and Chicken Soup for the Soul series. Now that sounds better, right? (:
4. Avoid staring at the "wrong goods" for too long.
A common hobby of ladies is to shop till they drop dead. During the quest for impulsive spurges, there will be chances when your gang come across some Otaku shops. For female figure collectors, imagine the reaction that your girlfriends will have when you (a lady) is staring at a half naked Ikkitousen Kannu Uncho figure. Obviously, you would want to collect that figure for collector’s value but your girlfriends will think otherwise. Instead, stare at L or Light from Death Note instead, your girlfriends might even join in.
Before going out with your non-otaku boyfriends…
5. Learn how to dress up well.
To save your femininity, at least know the difference between a lip stick and a lip gloss. Know the use of an eye liner and learn how to use a mascara. Drop those glasses, go for contact lenses and take a look at how everyone around you (non-Otakus) is dressing.
6. Come up with smokescreen hobbies.
When asked for your hobbies, "shopping" would be the safest answer for any females bloggers. When asked what are the items that you usually shop for, it doesn’t really matter what your reply is. Just name anything that is non-Otaku related and everyone will be pleased. When asked to explain your lengthy online hours, defend yourself by bringing up a few girly sites like Hello kitty Online and Neopets; that you’ve been busy on those sites.
Female Ninja Blogger?
7. Write with a manly pen.
To hide your gender when you’re blogging online, female bloggers can blog with a manly pen. For blog decorations, reduce the number of cute pictures to near zero and come up with a GAR banner. In the profile page, favorites should exclude categories like shoujo, yaoi and emo. The more mecha the better, the more shounen, the more convincing.
8. Write with a manly nick.
"Hynavian", manly nick don’t you think so? Did I miss out on any?
Note to tjhan and the guys at RIUVA: Sorry guys for not being able to make it to the outing again. My family decided to hold an early birthday celebration for me today.
Popularity: 12% [?]
- dannychoo.com - dannychoo.com - Your portal to Japan
- A Week in Tokyo 27
- Dark Saint
- Japanese Farts
- Tokyo By Night
- Ryouko Asakura
- Honey & Clover, After Set 1
- Yagyu Jubei
- What My Top 5 Anime Says
- More from Baka than a Bunch of Idiots
- Another RIUVA Bazaar
- Ramblings of DarkMirage
- Anime Festival Asia 2009
- Animation Asia Conference 2009
- Why I did not accept my PSC Scholarship offer
- Turn A Gundam
- Anime Festivial Asia 09 – Preview
- Sankaku Complex
- Loli Beggars of China
- Sasameki Koto Falling Bikini Action
- PS3 “Almost Breaking Even”
- One Piece Fashion Non-No
- “Brains of Game Addicts Same as Brains of Drug Addicts”
- THAT Animeblog
- Gundam 00 S2 - 17: Andrei’s Hail Mary
- Maria+Holic, Episode 4- Oh Shaft
- Maria-sama ga Miteru - 04: The Machinations of Yoshino
- Minami-ke Okaeri - 04: Fighting Touma, Hidden Banchou
- White Album - 04: Calling Your Date Collect…
- The FØØL's Progress
- Animation Nation 2009
- It Takes A Wizard
- Gundam Fiesta Singapore 2009
- Gundam Gals
- Peek-a-Boo! Anime Festival Asia 2009
- Super Exhaustive 2000-2009 Anime List with Notes so You will Learn.
- [LianYL] End Of Year Clearance Sales
- Evangelion 2.0 in Cinemas! Best Battles in History of Anime.
- [Tenshi_MKII] Turn A Gundam in Seitokai no Ichizon?
- Exclusive Interview with Mika, the Hot Maid from Moe Moe Kyun!
- [Tenshi_MKII] Zero: Tsukihami no Kamen AKA Fatal Frame 4 is not as scary/hard as the previous games
- [G-man] Geek to Geek…. Why not?
- [G-Man] Gintama The Movie
- Shaman King Mini-Sequel! Wheee.
- Kiddy Girl And is actually the Sequel to Kiddy Grade!!!
- [Hynavian] Blogging Etiquettes - What Are Yours?
- 10 Ways to be an Undercover Ninja Otaku in School!
- [Hynavian] Claymore Manga after 12 days of waiting
- [Hynavian] Telepathy Shoujo Ran Episode 6 - The Haunted Nouda Inn
- [Hynavian] Claymore Chapter 82 - Leave the Dead Alone!!!
- [Hynavian] Telepathy Shoujo Ran Episode 4 - I Wish I Had Telepathic Powers
- [Hynavian] Telepathy Shoujo Ran Episode 1 - Beware of Dogs
- [Hynavian] Telepathy Shoujo Ran Episode 5 - Not You Again!
- [Hynavian] Vampire Knight Episode 1 - Review and Thoughts
- [Hynavian] Japanese Traditional Music Concert at NUS
Most Commented Posts
- Goodbye School Rumble Season 2! Hello Season 3! - 615
- Eureka seveN!! "Decent" Anime?? CHIGAUUUU!! Ultima Class Anime. Spoilers here. - 247
- Anime Rave: Gakuen Alice - 193
- Movie Review: Koizora is so Bad, it makes Dumb and Dumber Smart - 186
- [LianYL] Hello, Bots And Readers Alike - 179
- Hot Discussion: Is Anime Good for Us? Are We Proud of Liking It? - 161
- Exclusive: The Vision of Odexflowne - 160
- Ouran: Who should Haruhi Date? - 158
- [LianYL] Aaaaand My Own Bazaar Starts Now - 123
- Nerds Make the Best Boyfriends. FACT! - 118
- 12 currently online
- 71 maximum concurrent
- 4080067 total visitors