Ok folks… let me clue you guys in on how I spent my summer. No lie! I spent it popping bottles and dating models!! And what have I learned from this experience? Well, I’d rather sit home and watch anime all day….Crazy right? Let me explain via telling my story.
Living the dream
Through aggressive networking I obtained perhaps what many would consider the greatest arrangement in the world. Which is to party my brains out and get paid for it. Sort of like the guy version of paris hilton. At first I was pretty taken aback by the idea of partyin everynight, but I buckled up and did it anyway. And let me tell ya! This experience has completely changed my life! All summer I did nothing less then pop bottles and date models…I hug out with millionaires, met celebrities, and even got a date with a model who was in vogue Life was awesome!! But then a strange thing happened… Yes, in the midst of all this merriment my heart vexed within me. I searched the depths of my being and guess what I have discovered!? No matter how much fun I had, no matter how much beautiful women I obtained, no matter how much accolades i received, it all eventually became tedious and boring!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? So let me tell you what I’ve firgured out from this situation…
What we call dreams and fantasies are in reality quite odd intangible ideas. Because the nature of the concept of fantasy is quite paradoxical. let me explain, While I was living my dream of being a ladies man and the “cool” guy, I realized that a dream once realized no longer is a dream, but becomes a stark reality that never lives up to the imagined. Furthermore, once actualized, what more do we have to strive for if we have already fulfilled our fantasies. My discovery is plain, dreams can only be dreams if they remain unattainable! The paradox lies in the very idea that if we follow our dreams and obtain them we will ultimately die a death of boredom and redundancy. How can this possibly be you may ask? Well, what i figured out about myself and everyone else who lived the high life is that we as humans aren’t in love with realizing our dreams, no, we just simply love dreaming. We love to dream because it gives us an excape from the cruel harsh world of reality, it allows us to imagine an ideal that is simply not obtainable- and this excites us to no en. And even if it is obtainable, we would have contempt for the dream if we obtained it because it would no longer be a dream. Besides, no matter what your dream is, the reality can never live up to the fantasy! Now why bring all this up in an anime blog? Simple my fantastical friends, I bring this up because after all I experienced I still returned to my beloved anime. And I finally realized why I made my prodigal return.
The nature of anime is undoubtedly fantasical and illusory. And you know what!? That’s what makes it soooo awesome!! It’s like a little oasis in a desert of mendacity! A demnsion to a world where you can enjoy the bliss of dreams that can never ever be obtained. And each anime offers a completely different dream and fantasy where we are happy to co-habit with fellow otaku’s to relish our escape from the world of reality. Many probably think that there is more to life then anime, I’m not even sure what that means anymore. For one thing I had an opportunity to live a life that most would die for, and I can confidently say that after all I’ve been through I’d rather sit home and watch a lovely episode of some exciting anime. Am I strange? Perhaps, but what I do know is that people living their “dreams” aren’t as happy as they claim. I’ve met people who have everything, yet they still do drugs, cheat, sleep around and do anything to put a little excitement into their lives. Why? Because a person without dream is a person who looks forward to nothing and tries to fill in the gap with anything that gives them pleasure- a sad existence really.
I entitled my little treatise, “To anime or not to anime…that is the question” because I wanted to bring to light this constant opposition that seems to be hurled at anime fans. Either its the inward prodding of cultural dictates, or others around us, that forces us to be ashamed for viewing anime, in otherwords, the world wants us to be ashamed for being dreamers. Well, I’m here to take my stand and say I dare to dream! And I’ll do so continally as long as I live!! As for living a “normal life”, whatever that means, I’m sure there’s enough poeple living a “life” that the world wont miss one dreamer now will it. So in conclusion, don’t be worried about missing out on a “life”, because as long as your dreaming your probably living more of a life then any non-dreamer is!
I am G-man!!!
Popularity: 6% [?]
- dannychoo.com - dannychoo.com - Your portal to Japan
- A Week in Tokyo 27
- Dark Saint
- Japanese Farts
- Tokyo By Night
- Ryouko Asakura
- More from Baka than a Bunch of Idiots
- Another RIUVA Bazaar
- Starting Honey and Clover
- Gunslinger Girl Il Teatrino: Pinocchio Stinks
- More Cheap Lighting
- Ramblings of DarkMirage
- Turn A Gundam
- Anime Festivial Asia 09 – Preview
- Animation Nation 2009
- Dreams are not for Asia
- Spider Attack
- Sankaku Complex
- Nagato Yuki Concert Cosplay
- Sony Bans Bloomers
- 70% of Japanese Men Have No Girlfriends
- Pettanko Idol Gallery
- Top 10 Things Men Don’t Want to See at the Beach
- THAT Animeblog
- Gundam 00 S2 - 17: Andrei’s Hail Mary
- Maria+Holic, Episode 4- Oh Shaft
- Maria-sama ga Miteru - 04: The Machinations of Yoshino
- Minami-ke Okaeri - 04: Fighting Touma, Hidden Banchou
- White Album - 04: Calling Your Date Collect…
- The FØØL's Progress
- Animation Nation 2009
- It Takes A Wizard
- Gundam Fiesta Singapore 2009
- Gundam Gals
- Peek-a-Boo! Anime Festival Asia 2009
- How can One not Love an Anime as Crazy as this?
- We were Spoiled. This Season isn’t Bad, it’s just Worse than the Golden Age.
- [Soshi] Oita Horaiken
- [Soshi] Sunday Flea Market!
- [G-Man] Bored=Flame…lol
- [Soshi] More food in Tokyo!
- I got Featured in a National Newspaper because I am Awesome Otaku who Trains Girls.
- The Microwave Blacksmith Show is so Middling.
- [LianYL] Aaaaand My Own Bazaar Starts Now
- [Soshi] Taking it easy in Ueno
- [LianYL] Moetronics Practice Question
- [LianYL] BS1152 Module Tutorial Question
- Combine Your Powers to Create An Anime Quiz Game for Everyone!
- Poll Results: Are References in Anime Any Good at All? and new Poll.
- [Kokanaden] Otaku helpline!
- Poll Results: Do You Collect Anime Figurines? and New Poll
- Figure News: Oops, Even More! Suzumiya Dioramas, School Rumble Swimsuits etc…
- AFA Highlight: The KOWTOW MAN STRIKES!! Pictures Here!
- What Type of Reader are You? And Results of Poll
- [Hynavian] Claymore Chapter 79 - Information Overload!
Most Commented Posts
- Goodbye School Rumble Season 2! Hello Season 3! - 603
- Eureka seveN!! "Decent" Anime?? CHIGAUUUU!! Ultima Class Anime. Spoilers here. - 246
- Anime Rave: Gakuen Alice - 193
- [LianYL] Hello, Bots And Readers Alike - 179
- Movie Review: Koizora is so Bad, it makes Dumb and Dumber Smart - 178
- Exclusive: The Vision of Odexflowne - 159
- Hot Discussion: Is Anime Good for Us? Are We Proud of Liking It? - 158
- Ouran: Who should Haruhi Date? - 156
- Nerds Make the Best Boyfriends. FACT! - 117
- [LianYL] Aaaaand My Own Bazaar Starts Now - 117
- 13 currently online
- 71 maximum concurrent
- 3938831 total visitors