Reading the title above you might think I’m in no position to say otakus play with dolls are thus are sissies, since I myself own so many figures. But if you’ve been paying attention to the otaku toy market, you’ll probably notice that a few years ago, there were only fixed-pose figurines and mecha, with the occasional action figure of manly heroes. Yet recently, in what was hailed as a technological breakthrough, there are now multiple toy lines featuring moe anime girls as action figures. Now, what would otaku do with girly action figures? Play with them of course!
As if that isn’t bad enough, GSC, spotting the sissy otaku trend, are now releasing freakin’ doll houses for sissy otaku to enjoy playing house in!
As an ex-figure collector (I have stopped buying but I still own them, does that make me an ex?), I never did play with my figurines. I just set them up, took photos, stared a bit, and let them on shelves or back in their boxes. To think of it, it was a real waste of money since you don’t get to have much fun. But at least I didn’t play with dolls and doll houses.
What’s wrong with playing with dolls, you say? It’s fine if you’re 10 years old and female, but not 30 years old and male otaku. Just imagine some fat, rotten-tshirt-wearing, oily otaku grasping a bunch of Sabers and Reis in his hands and making them kiss each other, inside a nice GSC-produced doll house, and you’ll see why this is just wrong.
Thankfully, this is better than carrying body pillows out in public or going swimming with them.
Popularity: 10% [?]
- Scathing reviews.: 18% (426)
- Funny lists.: 13% (296)
- Sexy pictures.: 54% (1277)
- Event coverage.: 2% (58)
- Interviews.: 2% (52)
- Photos.: 11% (250)
Total Votes : 2359
- dannychoo.com - dannychoo.com - Your portal to Japan
- A Week in Tokyo 27
- Dark Saint
- Japanese Farts
- Tokyo By Night
- Ryouko Asakura
- Honey & Clover, After Set 1
- Yagyu Jubei
- What My Top 5 Anime Says
- More from Baka than a Bunch of Idiots
- Another RIUVA Bazaar
- Ramblings of DarkMirage
- Anime Festival Asia 2009
- Animation Asia Conference 2009
- Why I did not accept my PSC Scholarship offer
- Turn A Gundam
- Anime Festivial Asia 09 – Preview
- Sankaku Complex
- Loli Beggars of China
- Sasameki Koto Falling Bikini Action
- PS3 “Almost Breaking Even”
- One Piece Fashion Non-No
- “Brains of Game Addicts Same as Brains of Drug Addicts”
- THAT Animeblog
- Gundam 00 S2 - 17: Andrei’s Hail Mary
- Maria+Holic, Episode 4- Oh Shaft
- Maria-sama ga Miteru - 04: The Machinations of Yoshino
- Minami-ke Okaeri - 04: Fighting Touma, Hidden Banchou
- White Album - 04: Calling Your Date Collect…
- The FØØL's Progress
- Animation Nation 2009
- It Takes A Wizard
- Gundam Fiesta Singapore 2009
- Gundam Gals
- Peek-a-Boo! Anime Festival Asia 2009
- Super Exhaustive 2000-2009 Anime List with Notes so You will Learn.
- [LianYL] End Of Year Clearance Sales
- Evangelion 2.0 in Cinemas! Best Battles in History of Anime.
- [Tenshi_MKII] Turn A Gundam in Seitokai no Ichizon?
- Exclusive Interview with Mika, the Hot Maid from Moe Moe Kyun!
- [Tenshi_MKII] Zero: Tsukihami no Kamen AKA Fatal Frame 4 is not as scary/hard as the previous games
- [G-man] Geek to Geek…. Why not?
- [G-Man] Gintama The Movie
- Shaman King Mini-Sequel! Wheee.
- Kiddy Girl And is actually the Sequel to Kiddy Grade!!!
- Figure News: Ugly Rozen Dolls
- Exams are Over, Add me on Steam and WE PLAY TF2.
- Narnia: Prince Caspian is the Worst Film Ever.
- Diary of an Otaku #1: An Introduction
- Figurine News: An Ugly Black Cat Trading Set, Big Meg, Kenshin Trading Set and other News…
- Fools don’t Understand Why Photography is not Allowed of May’n.
- [Tsubaki] Random anime music encounter
- [LianYL] K-On Ep 1 Made Me Do My Term Paper
- Druaga 2: So Good You Wouldn’t Wish Ill Upon Gonzo
- Poll Results: Most Important Factor in Figurine Purchase! and New Poll
Most Commented Posts
- Goodbye School Rumble Season 2! Hello Season 3! - 615
- Eureka seveN!! "Decent" Anime?? CHIGAUUUU!! Ultima Class Anime. Spoilers here. - 247
- Anime Rave: Gakuen Alice - 193
- Movie Review: Koizora is so Bad, it makes Dumb and Dumber Smart - 186
- [LianYL] Hello, Bots And Readers Alike - 179
- Hot Discussion: Is Anime Good for Us? Are We Proud of Liking It? - 161
- Exclusive: The Vision of Odexflowne - 160
- Ouran: Who should Haruhi Date? - 158
- [LianYL] Aaaaand My Own Bazaar Starts Now - 123
- Nerds Make the Best Boyfriends. FACT! - 118
- 8 currently online
- 71 maximum concurrent
- 4075269 total visitors