It would seem that Ascaloth is keen on reviewing this series and his long essays should satisfy more of the readership here. Great excuse to stop reviewing this series.
I’ll make my anime reviews short and sweet by commenting as I watch.
[00:00] Ah, green frog uniforms from middle school? That’s like TKGS.
[00:30] Here comes the boring alarm clock routine… I really thought they were going to start the pilot episode with a bang leading to a recap. Like maybe an uber rock piece or something.
[00:53] Oh protagonist falls down on her ass. Chumps should be laughing at this crap now.
[01:20] Wow an entire sequence dedicated to her running to school. *Yawn*
[01:50] Oh so she’s a happy highschooler now
[01:52] Oooooh OP. Drums, I love drums.
[02:09] Kinda sounds like YUKI from HnC OP.
[02:23] Wow typical character intros. I need to parody this someday.
[02:55] Nice drums.
[03:15] Okay this is going to be Lucky Star with music.
[03:32] Mediocre music.
[04:20] Two weeks and still no club activities. Lucky Star expressions.
[05:00] Haruhi enters.
[05:50] Oh noes, keion club is in trouble.
[06:15] Retarded protagonist. I can already imagine the fans.
[07:15] Haruhi will wait for her new members, she says.
[07:32] Miyuki enters.
[07:55] Kagami and Konata.
[09:12] Miyuki enters the club.
[09:40] Almost ten minutes intot he first episode. Still beating around the bush about selecting club activities.
[10:30] Talk talk talk talk talk blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
[11:17] No members but they’ve already got a drumset in place.
[12:20] Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah talk talk talk talk talk talk
[13:00] We’re halfway through the first episode and they are still dragging on. Give me my music please.
[13:55] And so they spend one mroe minute dragging on the entrace.
[13:58] Krausser-san appears. Please laugh. KyoAni wants you to laugh here.
[15:00] She’s finally entered the club. Can we hear some music now?
[15:20] This is retarded, I shall skip this scene. I can’t stand it anymore.
[16:40] Okay she’s quitting now. That’s fast.
[17:00] Oh crap, Yui doesn’t know how to play the guitar. This means we’ll have many more episodes of noob music and crappy angst over stuff like “I can’t play this, I give up!” -> “Don’t give up!” -> “Okay I’ll try my best!”
[18:55] Holy, they’re finally going to paly something.
[19:16] WHAT THE HELL IS THIS SHIT?! I WAITED 19 MINUTES TO LISTEN TO AIRPORT MUSIC?
[20:05] ……..Someone’s very impressed. Not me.
[20:20] The protagnist commented that they are all noobs. I agree. So expect to have more crappy music for many more episodes.
[22:00] I see she has no guitar. Damn, the next episode will be a boring shopping trip.
[22:20] Wow ED is done in MTV style. NO CLOTHES!
[22:35] Goth loli?
[22:45] Music sounds unimpressive.
[23:11] Sounds like Hirano Buaya. Let’s see… Okay thank god it’s not her. Interesting that the first seiyuu name has kanji that literally means Abundant Slopes Likes To Give Birth.
[23:20] Nice eyes Mio.
[23:27] That’s some really awful singing. Maybe it’s just the music. Or the pronunciation.
[23:50] There you have it, this show is about Mio.
[24:07] …… Shopping trip. I guessed it correctly. Even the title of episode 2 is named Musical Instrument. God flame this pile of crap.
That ends my sentiments for the first episode of this new KyoAni work. I really was expecting Beck, instead we get another Lucky Star. tjhan says I should watch it in a light-hearted manner. Maybe it’ll get better, or I’ll just have to dumb down to appreciate it.
Popularity: 7% [?]
- Scathing reviews.: 18% (436)
- Funny lists.: 12% (303)
- Sexy pictures.: 54% (1325)
- Event coverage.: 2% (60)
- Interviews.: 2% (52)
- Photos.: 11% (256)
Total Votes : 2432
- dannychoo.com - dannychoo.com - Your portal to Japan
- A Week in Tokyo 27
- Dark Saint
- Japanese Farts
- Tokyo By Night
- Ryouko Asakura
- Black Rock Shooter
- Honey & Clover, After Set 1
- Yagyu Jubei
- What My Top 5 Anime Says
- More from Baka than a Bunch of Idiots
- Ramblings of DarkMirage
- A Tribute to Anonymous
- EOY Cosplay 2009
- Anime Festival Asia 2009
- Animation Asia Conference 2009
- Sankaku Complex
- Love Plus Hentai Plus Gallery
- 60 Police Crowd Station over Mass Exhibitionism
- A Decade of Pantsu Anime
- A Decade of Bishoujo Anime Character Design
- Regular Sex “Halves Heart Attacks”
- THAT Animeblog
- Gundam 00 S2 - 17: Andrei’s Hail Mary
- Maria+Holic, Episode 4- Oh Shaft
- Maria-sama ga Miteru - 04: The Machinations of Yoshino
- Minami-ke Okaeri - 04: Fighting Touma, Hidden Banchou
- White Album - 04: Calling Your Date Collect…
- The FØØL's Progress
- End of File
- Animation Nation 2009
- It Takes A Wizard
- Gundam Fiesta Singapore 2009
- Gundam Gals
- Why I have not Updated for Weeks: Filling up My Passport with Stamps!
- [Tenshi_MKII] Merry Christmas Everyone!
- Super Exhaustive 2000-2009 Anime List with Notes so You will Learn.
- [LianYL] End Of Year Clearance Sales
- Evangelion 2.0 in Cinemas! Best Battles in History of Anime.
- [Tenshi_MKII] Turn A Gundam in Seitokai no Ichizon?
- Exclusive Interview with Mika, the Hot Maid from Moe Moe Kyun!
- [Tenshi_MKII] Zero: Tsukihami no Kamen AKA Fatal Frame 4 is not as scary/hard as the previous games
- [G-man] Geek to Geek…. Why not?
- [G-Man] Gintama The Movie
- [LianYL] BRStick 91 >> Debts
- [LianYL] Anime Festival Asia ‘08 Is A Mecha Fan’s Wet Dream
- [LianYL] A Clannad Of Issues I Need To Settle Before I Can Actually Do Some Tutorials
- [LianYL] 500 Yen For A Doujin Gashapon Pack Only To Receive Four Freakin’ Futanari Doujins. This Will Not Do.
- [LianYL] Kurenai Brings Out The Maternal Side Of Me
- [LianYL] BRStick - 90 >> Prelude To Legend
- [LianYL] Diet-Sinning The Traditional Way
- [LianYL] BRStick - 93 >> iSpirit
- [LianYL] BRStick - 94 >> Sentimental Nonsense
- [LianYL] BRStick - 95 >> Left4Bed
Most Commented Posts
- Goodbye School Rumble Season 2! Hello Season 3! - 620
- Eureka seveN!! "Decent" Anime?? CHIGAUUUU!! Ultima Class Anime. Spoilers here. - 253
- Anime Rave: Gakuen Alice - 195
- Movie Review: Koizora is so Bad, it makes Dumb and Dumber Smart - 186
- [LianYL] Hello, Bots And Readers Alike - 179
- Hot Discussion: Is Anime Good for Us? Are We Proud of Liking It? - 161
- Exclusive: The Vision of Odexflowne - 161
- Ouran: Who should Haruhi Date? - 160
- [LianYL] Aaaaand My Own Bazaar Starts Now - 123
- Nerds Make the Best Boyfriends. FACT! - 118
- 14 currently online
- 88 maximum concurrent
- 4160271 total visitors