Especially, when that one year trip is in Japan.
Truth is, I have no idea.
How much is too much? How little is too little? Am I bringing enough toilet paper!?
Just joking about the toilet paper.
Yet, the thing that troubles me the most about Japan is how cosmopolitan it is — there is almost no chance that I won’t find my favourite toothpaste brand (I don’t have a favourite though), socks (Mighty Soxer ftw!), or even clothes there.
Sidenote: If you are a size UK 10/12 and above, be prepared to have a harder time finding clothes there. I am sadly not a svelte shojo so most of my suitcase is filled with all important clothes. Because really, what else can I bring to a country which has nearly everything and anything? Besides maybe, pandan leaves.
(I need pandan leaves to cook chicken rice. It’s not some random exotic Singaporean thing I named.) Honestly, I don’t see the need to bring ‘comfort food’ because all my comfort food can be found there!? Hello NISSIN cup noodles! The only problem is that they might not have my favourite Tom Yum flavour. That’s where Tom Yum stock-cubes come in handy.
There’s no point bringing any figures — okay, I’m bringing Yotsuba along because she’s small — because bringing them back is a hassle.
Then there’s the problem of books. Do I bring/ship the books that I already own and need for class, or just leave them all here and buy new copies over there? I save money on shipping and/or space in my suitcase, but I have to waste possibly more money procuring copies of books I already have. Which I have to bring back in the end or sell them before I leave.
Packing is one hell of a puzzle that I’m struggling to win!
Still, my packing’s nearly done and I just need to throw in my toiletries and voila. Off to Japan in 2 days!
(P.S. Photos are taking with my spankin’ new EOS 500D. Care to suggest a name for it?)
EDIT: I realized that my attempt to be MYSTERIOUS and VAGUE failed badly. (I wasn’t really trying to be mysterious or vague anyway!) But for the misinformed and uninformed, I’ll be RIUVA’s Japan slave for a year!
Popularity: 7% [?]
- Scathing reviews.: 18% (427)
- Funny lists.: 13% (297)
- Sexy pictures.: 54% (1283)
- Event coverage.: 2% (58)
- Interviews.: 2% (52)
- Photos.: 11% (250)
Total Votes : 2367
- dannychoo.com - dannychoo.com - Your portal to Japan
- A Week in Tokyo 27
- Dark Saint
- Japanese Farts
- Tokyo By Night
- Ryouko Asakura
- Honey & Clover, After Set 1
- Yagyu Jubei
- What My Top 5 Anime Says
- More from Baka than a Bunch of Idiots
- Another RIUVA Bazaar
- Ramblings of DarkMirage
- Anime Festival Asia 2009
- Animation Asia Conference 2009
- Why I did not accept my PSC Scholarship offer
- Turn A Gundam
- Anime Festivial Asia 09 – Preview
- Sankaku Complex
- Men’s Bras All The Rage!?
- Final Fantasy XIII as Linear as a Piece of String
- Final Fantasy XIII Panchira Heaven
- Equality Now: “Games Are Extreme Pornography”
- Rinko Kobayakawa Hentai Plus
- THAT Animeblog
- Gundam 00 S2 - 17: Andrei’s Hail Mary
- Maria+Holic, Episode 4- Oh Shaft
- Maria-sama ga Miteru - 04: The Machinations of Yoshino
- Minami-ke Okaeri - 04: Fighting Touma, Hidden Banchou
- White Album - 04: Calling Your Date Collect…
- The FØØL's Progress
- Animation Nation 2009
- It Takes A Wizard
- Gundam Fiesta Singapore 2009
- Gundam Gals
- Peek-a-Boo! Anime Festival Asia 2009
- Super Exhaustive 2000-2009 Anime List with Notes so You will Learn.
- [LianYL] End Of Year Clearance Sales
- Evangelion 2.0 in Cinemas! Best Battles in History of Anime.
- [Tenshi_MKII] Turn A Gundam in Seitokai no Ichizon?
- Exclusive Interview with Mika, the Hot Maid from Moe Moe Kyun!
- [Tenshi_MKII] Zero: Tsukihami no Kamen AKA Fatal Frame 4 is not as scary/hard as the previous games
- [G-man] Geek to Geek…. Why not?
- [G-Man] Gintama The Movie
- Shaman King Mini-Sequel! Wheee.
- Kiddy Girl And is actually the Sequel to Kiddy Grade!!!
- Introducing a New Blogger on Riuva…again. This time it comes with no Y Chromosome!
- Use the Feedreader! Or Live Bookmark!
- [LianYL] BRStick - 56
- Ultra-Level Up in Anime-watching and PS3 Capabilities
- [Soshi] 江ノ島
- [Soshi] Are you a herbivore?
- [LianYL] I Am Happy
- 141207’s Merchandise Haul: Clare, Tsukino and Danboard + Bonus Nyoro Comic
- [Soshi] Sunday Flea Market!
- Gundam Seed Stargazer Update: Bandai Milks the Fans Well
Most Commented Posts
- Goodbye School Rumble Season 2! Hello Season 3! - 615
- Eureka seveN!! "Decent" Anime?? CHIGAUUUU!! Ultima Class Anime. Spoilers here. - 247
- Anime Rave: Gakuen Alice - 193
- Movie Review: Koizora is so Bad, it makes Dumb and Dumber Smart - 186
- [LianYL] Hello, Bots And Readers Alike - 179
- Hot Discussion: Is Anime Good for Us? Are We Proud of Liking It? - 161
- Exclusive: The Vision of Odexflowne - 160
- Ouran: Who should Haruhi Date? - 159
- [LianYL] Aaaaand My Own Bazaar Starts Now - 123
- Nerds Make the Best Boyfriends. FACT! - 118
- 6 currently online
- 71 maximum concurrent
- 4087539 total visitors