Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu (2009), Episode 24: Suzumiya Haruhi no Tameiki V.
You know the cast have cracked when they start philosophizing with a cat.
For our first song, we will be singing Fuwa Fuwa Time….
Where did these guys come from?
Oh, ho. So this is when Kyon obtained the discount coupon he cashed in at the yakisoba cafe in Live Alive.
And, this is but only the viewpoints we have heard from the three sides, as heard through Kyon’s perspective himself. What guarantee is there that any of them, if there is even one among the three that qualifies that is, are telling the truth? The Time Travellers say they believe that the world has always been this way, and Haruhi is but an anomaly in the timestream; who can confirm that their mouthpiece Mikuru truly does believe that, or if she’s lying outright, or even if she has any real knowledge about her faction’s true beliefs and motivations?
The mysterious Organization initially stated their majority belief as being that Haruhi is a Goddess who created the world, and all its attendant curiosities (such as themselves) a mere three years ago; but if Itsuki’s contradiction a mere several months later is any indication, how do we know they’re stating the truth as they know it either, and how much or little do they really know about the situation anyway?
If any faction is closest to the truth of this particular universe, one might think the intelligent data lifeform known as the Integrated Data Sentient Entity would be it; yet, as their TFI terminal Yuki honestly stated; their "self-evolution" theory is what they say they believe in, but how can we confirm for certain the truth in their statements when in all likelihood, we humans probably can’t even begin to comprehend the Cthulhu-ian perspective of these aliens? And if we can’t even begin to comprehend, how are we even to start sifting out whatever ulterior motivations that the IDSE may have?
Pew pew pew
Om nom nom nom
Dude, you look like a host who’s had a tough time with a lady customer tonight.
And with that, the new material of the 2009 broadcast is at an end, with the showcase being Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody, the Sighs arc, and not least of all, the infamous Endless Eight. How was it all at the very end, though perhaps 4 more episodes remain until the broadcast actually ends for real? The 2006 pilot broadcast was a ground-breaking hit that truly set a standard back in the day, and indeed, it would always be a tall order if even possible for any sequel to really come within reach of that sky-high bar. In that respect, the 2009 broadcast was probably not even trying to do the impossible; instead, it was a filling in of what holes the 2006 broadcast had with the erstwhile missing context material, as well as perhaps simply having a little fun of their own, as evidenced by Endless Eight.
Was this new broadcast a failure? Many might say that, but somehow I don’t really think so. Is it a success? Not to the extend of its first iteration, that’s for sure. Was Endless Eight a fiasco? Perhaps to many, but I saw the humour in it all the same even if it tested even my patience. Could it have been better? Perhaps. Will there ever be a Disappearance? Who knows, but I think it’s quite probably it will come….in the form of a movie. It would work well in that format after all, plus it will get KyoAni out of having to animate such material as Intrigues and Snow Mountain Syndrome until, say, 3 years later.
But ultimately, did I have fun? Oh yeah; with the old episodes, with the new material, even with Endless Eight. In the end, it’s still Haruhi, with all the fun and the headaches that come along with it. And you know, I’ll settle for that just fine. And really, that’s all that matters.
やれやｔれ。 Ascaloth of RIUVA, signing out!
Popularity: 7% [?]
- Scathing reviews.: 18% (433)
- Funny lists.: 13% (301)
- Sexy pictures.: 54% (1305)
- Event coverage.: 2% (58)
- Interviews.: 2% (52)
- Photos.: 11% (253)
Total Votes : 2402
- dannychoo.com - dannychoo.com - Your portal to Japan
- A Week in Tokyo 27
- Dark Saint
- Japanese Farts
- Tokyo By Night
- Ryouko Asakura
- Black Rock Shooter
- Honey & Clover, After Set 1
- Yagyu Jubei
- What My Top 5 Anime Says
- More from Baka than a Bunch of Idiots
- Ramblings of DarkMirage
- EOY Cosplay 2009
- Anime Festival Asia 2009
- Animation Asia Conference 2009
- Why I did not accept my PSC Scholarship offer
- Turn A Gundam
- Sankaku Complex
- Dance in the Vampire Bund Topless Loli Action Disappears
- Mayoi Neko Overrun! Clitoris Action
- The Linear RPG
- “Lately, More Women are Collecting Figures”
- Top 30 Games of 2009 in Japan
- THAT Animeblog
- Gundam 00 S2 - 17: Andrei’s Hail Mary
- Maria+Holic, Episode 4- Oh Shaft
- Maria-sama ga Miteru - 04: The Machinations of Yoshino
- Minami-ke Okaeri - 04: Fighting Touma, Hidden Banchou
- White Album - 04: Calling Your Date Collect…
- The FØØL's Progress
- End of File
- Animation Nation 2009
- It Takes A Wizard
- Gundam Fiesta Singapore 2009
- Gundam Gals
- Why I have not Updated for Weeks: Filling up My Passport with Stamps!
- [Tenshi_MKII] Merry Christmas Everyone!
- Super Exhaustive 2000-2009 Anime List with Notes so You will Learn.
- [LianYL] End Of Year Clearance Sales
- Evangelion 2.0 in Cinemas! Best Battles in History of Anime.
- [Tenshi_MKII] Turn A Gundam in Seitokai no Ichizon?
- Exclusive Interview with Mika, the Hot Maid from Moe Moe Kyun!
- [Tenshi_MKII] Zero: Tsukihami no Kamen AKA Fatal Frame 4 is not as scary/hard as the previous games
- [G-man] Geek to Geek…. Why not?
- [G-Man] Gintama The Movie
- [Ascaloth] Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu (2009), Episode 21: Suzumiya Haruhi no Tameiki II
- [Ascaloth] Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu (2009), Episode 20: Suzumiya Haruhi no Tameiki I
- [Ascaloth] Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu (2009), Episode 22: Suzumiya Haruhi no Tameiki III
- [Ascaloth] The Anime Announcements of Suzumiya Haruhi: What Gives?
- [Ascaloth] Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu (2009), Episode 12: Endless Eight
- [Ascaloth] Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu (2009), Episode 8: Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody
- [Ascaloth] Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu (2009), Episode 23: Suzumiya Haruhi no Tameiki IV
- Figure News: Chibi Haruhi Makes Fanboy’s Wallet Chibi-er
- [Ascaloth] Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu (2009), Episode 13: Endless Eight
- Haruhi = Sexy Commando?
Most Commented Posts
- Goodbye School Rumble Season 2! Hello Season 3! - 617
- Eureka seveN!! "Decent" Anime?? CHIGAUUUU!! Ultima Class Anime. Spoilers here. - 252
- Anime Rave: Gakuen Alice - 194
- Movie Review: Koizora is so Bad, it makes Dumb and Dumber Smart - 186
- [LianYL] Hello, Bots And Readers Alike - 179
- Hot Discussion: Is Anime Good for Us? Are We Proud of Liking It? - 161
- Exclusive: The Vision of Odexflowne - 161
- Ouran: Who should Haruhi Date? - 160
- [LianYL] Aaaaand My Own Bazaar Starts Now - 123
- Nerds Make the Best Boyfriends. FACT! - 118
- 10 currently online
- 71 maximum concurrent
- 4125208 total visitors