SHE’S FAT!! SHE’S FATTT!! SHE’S NOT THE DOKURO-CHAN I KNOW AND LOVE!! SHE’S FATKURO-FAN!!
This ia a 4,200 yen piece of crap. The character, Dokuro-chan, is such a sweet and innocently evil murderous lolita but Kotobukiya injected vast amounts of lipids into her face and thighs before immortalising the poor girl forever as one of the ugliest figurines I own. It doesn’t help at all that she’s 1/7, which means she’s bigger in scale yet with her short character height, results in a figurine that’s the same height as a normal 1/8 but with 1/7 width. And we know how width is bad.
She’s so ugly I can’t bear to look anymore. Any takers? I’m selling this for the same amount I paid plus shipping.
The major problem is with the face. From a 45 degress angle, there seems to be sagging excess flesh much like a 60 year-old obese hag’s. You have to see it to be able to grasp the extent of disfiguration. The line blushes do not help at all. In fact, they make her look even fatter.
See the below picture. Perhaps the figurine was a limited edition, the "Dokuro-chan married with 3 kids" variant.
At least Escaliborg was faithfully replicated. I am not satisfied with the small size though. At least the ends are pointy and the black is matt. The bat’s end is removable, which facilitates its insertion through her clenched right hand. So you have to remove the end, insert the rod through her hand and then replace the cap.
Her uniform, which is all ickily glossy, like some of Koto’s other works. I hate gloss. But in terms of defects and flaws, the painting is pretty good though,with none at all. Every single line and details is crisp. There is NO hairseam, which is quite praiseworthy. Actually there is, but it’s not noticeable.
But there’’s zero shading. Zero. No tones at all. It looks so much like a toy.
Thunder thighs. Unnecessarily glossy paintwork.
On the upside, her halo is well done and quite an interesting figurine concept. It’s supported with the black ribbons but looks rather natural, as though it was really floating. The long flowing black ribbons are nice too.
Much like the Kanako figurine, Dokuro-chan’s skirt is easily removeable by pulling out her torso. It’s a bit too loose for my liking as well. The only thing I can say is, it portrays accurately the true figure of Japanese school girls.
Finally, most of her weight rests on her right leg, which is attached to the base via a screw. There shouldn’t be any leaning issues as with most screwed figurines (this one is screwed in more ways than one though).
This sucks. I hate it. Please, someone, buy it off me.
- Yes, my best skill now is "watching anime".: 74% (113)
- No, anime is too weak to make me lose control.: 26% (40)
Total Votes : 153
- New Camera! W0000 POWER!
- Figure Review: Dark Saber is the Nagato Yuki of Fate
- Weekly Rounds: Tachikoma, F91, More FigShooting, Xeres and Nerds
- I Can’t Buy Figurines of Dead Anime Characters! Or Can I?
- Figure Gallery: Messerschmitt 109 FighterBabe
- Figure Gallery: Melon Munchin’ Monster
- Figure Gallery: Sleepy Hollow Louise Version
- Otaku Hunting and Guitar Talk, Depapepe Power
- Figure News: Scream, Haruhi Fanboys! Last Exile Rocks too.
- EX Figure Review: Riuva’s First Cold Cast! Kuga Natsuki in Swimsuit
- Figure News: Blood+ Saya and Hagi bust from Megahouse out in June
- The Award for Most Beautiful Female Pair of 2005/06 Goes to….
- Figure News: Remember Kingdom Hearts Playarts? Here’s More! Brave + Final Form
- Figure News: Ugly Rozen Dolls
- Figure Review: Summer Festival Rei was Supposed to be Hot <_>
- Figure News: Blood+’s Saya BIG & Expensive Action Figure Coming in July!
- Figure Review: Powered Up Nanoha! Long Range Anti-Tank Mode!
- A Shrine to the Saya Cosplay Goddess
- Figure Review : SR DX Akari and Aika
- Weekly Rounds: The Wave Continues… I’m buried in Poly-Vinyl Chloride.
- 8 currently online
- 45 maximum concurrent
- 260641 total visitors