I happened to be browsing Junction 8’s Comics Connection store when I noticed a special sale they had. One dollar one poster. And these are A3, clearly printed albeit glossy posters, which look good enough to display on my walls. So I browsed through the rather extensive selection and chose 4.
They are obviously bootleg, so the one buck goes to printing costs and their dirty profits. But still, I can’t help but think it’s a good deal. An original poster would’ve cost 15 times as much.
I may just go back for more. Apparently, the offer ends after June, which means it was the final day today. But I’ll go check again and pick up more if possible.
For the uninitiated, Comics Connection is the largest chain of manga stores in Singapore. They sell mostly translated mandarin versions, from local printers, Taiwan and HK but charge 20-30 percent more than other stores for some unknown reason. They have a tonne of merchandise too, but almost all are bootlegs. Some bootlegs go for the same price as the originals and stupid ignorant fools happily buy them when the difference in quality is plainly obvious, as obvious as Nagato Yuki being the best character of Haruhi. But I like the 1 dollar posters, and I’m a bad bad boy.
Note they are all large, the size is A3 if I’m not mistaken. The gloss makes it hard for phototaking, but they do look rather good.
There were quite a few other sexy Rei ones. This one is now on my office wall.
This Lain is too scary for my room so I stuck her on my office wall as well.
I love ABe’s Lain and buy everything with her on it.
This is so not my type of poster. But I like Natsuki.
In case you haven’t noticed, my favourite posters are the darker sort, I hate brilliant colours.
- Yes, my best skill now is "watching anime".: 74% (112)
- No, anime is too weak to make me lose control.: 26% (39)
Total Votes : 151
- New Camera! W0000 POWER!
- Figure Review: Dark Saber is the Nagato Yuki of Fate
- Weekly Rounds: Tachikoma, F91, More FigShooting, Xeres and Nerds
- I Can’t Buy Figurines of Dead Anime Characters! Or Can I?
- Figure Gallery: Messerschmitt 109 FighterBabe
- Figure Gallery: Melon Munchin’ Monster
- Figure Gallery: Sleepy Hollow Louise Version
- Otaku Hunting and Guitar Talk, Depapepe Power
- Figure News: Scream, Haruhi Fanboys! Last Exile Rocks too.
- EX Figure Review: Riuva’s First Cold Cast! Kuga Natsuki in Swimsuit
- Anime Rave: Black Lagoon YEAHHH!! Flying Boat Attack!!
- Figure(sortof) News: School Rumble Keychains!
- Figure News: Ugly Rozen Dolls
- Figure News: Pani Poni Dash Keyholders from Alter!
- Figure Review: LAIN is Pain, the Queen of Cyberloli Needs Some Photoshop
- Girl Power: Tsukamoto Yakumo (School Rumble)
- Figure Review: Ichigo Mashimaro Bathtime Set
- Riuva Contest! Design the Best (Ani)Motivational Poster & Win Big
- Calling All Singaporean BT Starhub Users!
- n00blet’s Guide to Talking like an Otaku in 10(TEN) Minutes!
- 7 currently online
- 45 maximum concurrent
- 260466 total visitors