Yeah you read that right. The current rubbish of an anime season has produced one intriguing, exciting, gore-filled sci-fi series with the perfect blend of high-budget animation and well used CG. Ergo Proxy, the only show more hyped than that let-down Fate Stay Night, has so far lived up to expectations. With only 2 eps out so far, you may think such a judgement is hasty. But no, it’s that good. Especially for sci-fi gore action buffs like me. Gothic pale woman with long black hair as the main character also does the show no harm, especially over a wimp of a male lead. I won’t give away no spoilers here, just a brief description of what Ergo Proxy is about. Very brief. In a sci-fi Minority Report styled city, humans co-exist with robots which are humanoid and with personalities. The robots serve not only as friends, but as pets, children, secretaries, minders etc. The hot gothic chick, Liru Mayer, is an investigator from an FBI type organisation. She’s accompanied by her faithful slave robot, Iggy. And a monster goes around killing people and robots. It tries to do what all viewers want to, kiss/rape/touch/attack her while she’s bathing. But no one believes her and the authorities delete her account of the event. Basically, she has to solve the mystery of what the monster aka Proxy is, stop it and kick some government ass! In spite of my crappy-sounding synopsis, the story is very good. The concept may not be a very fresh one, but sci-fi shows with dark settings are never bad. Oh yeah, it’s from the creator of Samurai Champloo, Manglobe. This would be the show the lifts me from the gloom of this first quarter of a wretched year.
- Yes, my best skill now is "watching anime".: 74% (113)
- No, anime is too weak to make me lose control.: 26% (40)
Total Votes : 153
- New Camera! W0000 POWER!
- Figure Review: Dark Saber is the Nagato Yuki of Fate
- Weekly Rounds: Tachikoma, F91, More FigShooting, Xeres and Nerds
- I Can’t Buy Figurines of Dead Anime Characters! Or Can I?
- Figure Gallery: Messerschmitt 109 FighterBabe
- Figure Gallery: Melon Munchin’ Monster
- Figure Gallery: Sleepy Hollow Louise Version
- Otaku Hunting and Guitar Talk, Depapepe Power
- Figure News: Scream, Haruhi Fanboys! Last Exile Rocks too.
- EX Figure Review: Riuva’s First Cold Cast! Kuga Natsuki in Swimsuit
- My first Digicam
- Looking Back and Forth
- Getting Inukami, Himawari and Others Neglected Shows. There’s a Catch Though.
- Anime Viewing Posture? Four Major Types for Me
- Poll Closure: Has Akira Become Very Hot in School Rumble S2?
- Goodbye School Rumble Season 2! Hello Season 3!
- Current Top Anime List
- Rescuing Rescue Wings: Underrated Star of the Season
- Top Five Anime of the New Season So Far. How Many Blog Posts have had Such Titles?
- Let’s Get Organised! The RIUVA List of Ongoing Anime
- 7 currently online
- 45 maximum concurrent
- 260514 total visitors