The bad thing is, all three are being released during the same period of time so it’s tough to pick which one to NOT buy.
First up, we have the reissue, or rather, the first pre-assembled figurine set of Mahoro and her bike. This one was a resin kit unreachable for most people back in the old days of 2004 but come December 2006 Kotobukiya are selling it for a cool 10,290 yen. Considering the 1/12 figurine has both Mahoro and her bike cast really detailed and realistically, with parts of PVC, ABS and DIE CAST METAL, the price is not surprising. With a height of 14 cm, Mahoro is big enough to look good and feel substantial. On top of the flashy bike, Mahoro is also holding her trademark whatchacallit gun.
I don’t rate Mahoromatic as a anime, but she sure is cute. And the bike rules too.
The second biker chick is a RANGE MURATA one, called TT-Butterfly. I swore to get all the PSE series of figurines and this one is just perfect. Based on one of the great designer’s artworks in his illustration artbook, Futurhythm, this biker girl is not conventionally armed with the other two figurines in this post, but rather with the unstoppable mental weapon known as Supermoecool. The figurine will be released late November this year by Beagle for 7,140 yen. The bike here is less sporty than the other two but rather a more compact and portable one. MUST BUY.
Spiky haired boyish isn’t my type though
Finally, we have Rose from Solty Rei. Also by Beagle and slated for a December release, this tiny 1/20 scale figurine has the proportionately largest bike, which is almost a tank already. And in spite of the small size, its price is a hefty 8,190 yen. Why? Because unlike the other two, there is a gimmick. Just like in the anime, this beauty (the bike, Rose is no beauty) can open up its fuselage to reveal a big cannon. I have my reservations about this figurine because of the tiny scale though, the coolness of the cannon is a big draw. Rose is clad not in her usual rip-off Saber suit, but a blue bikini. There are also two versions, the normal blue one where her bike is striped, and a sleeker variant where both the bike and her costume is black. I actually like Solty Rei a bit and Range Murata sort of helped out with the designs of the world.
I can’t decide which one, if I am buying
- Yes, my best skill now is "watching anime".: 74% (113)
- No, anime is too weak to make me lose control.: 26% (40)
Total Votes : 153
- New Camera! W0000 POWER!
- Figure Review: Dark Saber is the Nagato Yuki of Fate
- Weekly Rounds: Tachikoma, F91, More FigShooting, Xeres and Nerds
- I Can’t Buy Figurines of Dead Anime Characters! Or Can I?
- Figure Gallery: Messerschmitt 109 FighterBabe
- Figure Gallery: Melon Munchin’ Monster
- Figure Gallery: Sleepy Hollow Louise Version
- Otaku Hunting and Guitar Talk, Depapepe Power
- Figure News: Scream, Haruhi Fanboys! Last Exile Rocks too.
- EX Figure Review: Riuva’s First Cold Cast! Kuga Natsuki in Swimsuit
- Site Update
- Poll Closure: Has Akira Become Very Hot in School Rumble S2?
- Figure News: SR DX Suigintou. Lain and Eri have been released too.
- Figure News: FF Mechanical Arts Brings Us the Old n’ the New
- Figurine News: Solty Revant 1/8 PVC Out in April
- Gundam: Undeserving Figures of Hate
- Figure News: Ryofu and Natsuki Figurines are Boobs
- Goodbye School Rumble Season 2! Hello Season 3!
- Top Five Anime of the New Season So Far. How Many Blog Posts have had Such Titles?
- Dilemma: Are Hot Girls or Mecha Worth THAT Much Money?
- 7 currently online
- 45 maximum concurrent
- 260641 total visitors