Important relevant features to figurine photography:
- 2 cm Macro
- Multiple colour modes that add a range of colour styles
- A tripod that actually attaches to the body of the camera and not some shitty docking device
- A auto orientation sensor that actually detects whether the picture is a portrait or landscape one and saves it accordingly
- This same sensor rotates the picture on the LCD viewer when you physically rotate the camera!
- Image stabiliser reduces blur
I went to the city today with a huge backpack, the sort you see people bring on hiking trips, filled with 3 (THREE!) figurines and their boxes. With Tsubaki as the Director of Photography (thanks to his major in film), we scouted various shooting locations in the Dhoby Ghaut area, before narrowing it down to three and saving the rest for other days.
And here is a sneak preview of the IXUS power combined with a director and some pure figurine passion!
The low angle shot emphasises her high commanding status.
Look forward to the actual reviews as these are just the tip of the iceberg!