This post marks many firsts in the history of Riuva. It’s the first time an ero-figure is being reviewed; the first time the Canon Powershot S3 IS was used for photographs; and the first time a plain background has been used instead of outdoor scenery.
No, Riuva is not becoming a porn site for otaku. It’s just a coincidence that two posts in a row have been unsafe for work and portray the image that this webmaster is a socially inept plastic-pervert (not true).
This figure is of Yagami Yuu from the Yakin Byoutou (Nightshift Nurses) game. She does not appear in the anime, which I’m a fan of, so I haven’t seen her in action. Can anyone share what her personality is like and how she was conquered? On a side note, my favourites in the anime are Ren and Hikaru.
The figure is by Toys Planning and was released in January 2006. She’s available from Urban Attic for S$109. She’s 1/8 scale and measures 13 cm long. There is no accompanying base, strangely.
I have to say I’m rather disappointed with the Canon S3. Most of the pictures didn’t turn out well and were grainy even at ISO 200. The colours were rather dull and the tiny LCD screen made it hard to tell where the focal point was. The "Super Macro" mode that boasted of 0 cm macro did not produce very clear images. I guess I’ll use it a few more times to familarise more with its functions before complaining further. My main gripe was the low-res and tiny LCD screen compared to my brilliant 3-inch Ixus 800 screen.
I brainstormed several ideas for this photoshoot. One was setting up a table, like a diorama. I also wanted to make the atmosphere a bit darker and less colourful than usual, to sync with the evil nature of the series. In the end, I did none of these but used a cool XL-sized DKNY T-shirt, threw it on the ground and started taking the pictures. So much for planning. The pictures didn’t turn out great so I photoshopped them a bit, mainly color balancing it to remove the excessive yellow. Near the end of the shoot, I used the idea some others provided in the Yurika post, using a waterspray to add some droplets.
I have mixed feelings about this figure. The sculpt and painting are decent, the pose is great and best of all, there are tits. But the bad news is, the tits look so fake, Jordan and Pamela Anderson would be proud.
Yuu is in a rather typical Yakin Byoutou position - flat on back, legs spread and raised. You could say it’s the perfect posture for an examination. Yuu has lost her bra, but still in her uniform which has been ripped open to expose her breasts. The pose is pure eroticism - nobody thinks of anything besides sex when such a pose is adopted. Ok, maybe childbirth. Most figures do not have lying-down poses, so this is a breath of fresh air. And hey, no leaning problems!
Yuu has her hands clasped behind her head, arching her back and pushing out her tits. Her feet are pointed and her knees raised. Her hair and parts of her uniform in contact with the ground are flat at the bottom for stability. This doesn’t look so good though. I would’ve much preferred Toys Planning to include a diorama bed that’s concaved to fit her (like Konami’s Waitress Ichigo Mashimaro set). Otherwise the hair is pretty well done, with enough detail. Her light purplish-pink hair colour complements the pink uniform well and its painting is decent, not particularly outstanding.
Yuu’s head is slightly raised and she’s looking to her left with a melancholic expression. You can’t be a happy nurse if you work under Dr. Hisaka, that’s for sure! The eye decals are well-applied, though I suspect a more matte finish like Dark Saber’s would be more suitable, to render a sad vibe.
There are no major issues with seamlines or defects, though the baseless approach causes the bottom of the figure to be rather dirty. I don’t like how the legs are sculpted though. The parts where her calves contact her hamstrings are moulded together and it appears as though she has a flap of skin between like a bat wing.
And now onto the parts you’ve been waiting for - the tits and bits. Yuu has strange breasts, and that’s an understatement. We’ve seen how the Candy Girls have amazing ones and Yuu just pales in comparison. She’s like.. Pamela Anderson. When a girl lies on her back and her nipples point straight up despite the breasts being the size of a football, you know she’s the plastic surgeon’s best friend. In fact, they look like meatbuns. Surprisingly, the best titty shape so far has to be Biker Rei. Now that is natural-looking. Yuu’s nipples are slightly pink, with faint areolas painted on. They are erect and pointy.
As for panties, Yuu is in a white orthodox pair with quite massive cameltoe. I’ve always been intrigued by cameltoe. Remember a while back, Miss Universe Australia (a year or two ago) participated in the swimsuit segment and had a cameltoe the size of the Sahara desert? Now those were the days. But again, Yuu defies physics by having a cameltoe with cotton panties. It’s impossible damn it. But such is hentai - it makes the impossible possible. A teacher getting raped by her students soon starts enjoying it… yeah right. A midnight express train reserved for just gropers and the prey they bring… yeah right. A taxi driver blackmailing 4-5 high school girls into becoming his slaves.. yeah right.
For some reason, Yuu has a totally enormous butt. Comparing her to fellow 1/8s, her butt is about 1/3 larger. I suppose this is where realism steps in.
If you’re into animated pornography, be sure to purchase this figure! Personally, I wouldn’t recommend the popular "semenonfigure" (don’t click if you’re a wimp or prude) act, but she’ll be a good subject.
Popularity: 12% [?]
- Yes! It's going to be great!: 11% (36)
- Maybe, I'll still watch it anyway and judge then.: 46% (153)
- No! It will be shit! Like all adaptations!: 34% (112)
- What is Ghost in the Shell? I love yaoi.: 9% (31)
Total Votes : 332
- 10 Reasons Why Macross F is Super Realistic
- Dear, Ani-nouto: 10 Reasons why Tower of Druaga is Awesome and Gonzo is still Hated.
- [Crest] Forbidden Kingdom Review ~ Is your otaku kungfu good?
- [LianYL] Reviewing My Love For GONZO
- “Artists” Piss Me Off and Tsubaki Appears in Newspapers.
- [Hynavian] Bad Quality Scans that are Intolerable
- TJStick 2: Long Range Flying Units Win the ABA
- Spring 08 Week 3: Progress Checklist - Blassreiter is Good??
- [Hynavian] Anime Girls vs Reality
- Anime Tutorial 2: Become a l33t Seiyuu Fan in 8 Steps!
- Weekly Rounds: Tachikoma, F91, More FigShooting, Xeres and Nerds
- Very Very Very NOT SAFE FOR WORK!! That’s a Nice Hat, Girl!
- New Camera! W0000 POWER!
- Site Upgrade: Increasing Depth of Surfability for Figurine Galleries
- FigSci: How are PVC Figures Manufactured? Let’s Visit the Factory!
- [Hynavian] Vampire Knight Episode 1 - Review and Thoughts
- Update! Slowing Down for Some Major Transformation
- [NOT SAFE 4 WORK] If I had 660,000 Yen, I Would Buy A…
- Riuva Quiz: School Rumble Edition!
- Figure Review: Kujibiki’s Kasumi and Izumi! Samurai + Gambler Combo!
Most Commented Posts
- Goodbye School Rumble Season 2! Hello Season 3! - 465
- Eureka seveN!! "Decent" Anime?? CHIGAUUUU!! Ultima Class Anime. Spoilers here. - 210
- Anime Rave: Gakuen Alice - 179
- Exclusive: The Vision of Odexflowne - 158
- Hot Discussion: Is Anime Good for Us? Are We Proud of Liking It? - 136
- Ouran: Who should Haruhi Date? - 111
- Nerds Make the Best Boyfriends. FACT! - 107
- Q and A! Find Out What You Need to Know About the Never-Ending Odex Saga! - 94
- What is the Anime Hero of Your Country? - 88
- I Torch You! It’s Raining Offence and Political Correctness Here! YAOI LOVE!! - 81
- Anime Desho Desho?
- I’m on teh newspapers!
- Extras Needed!
- Evangelion 0.1: You Are (Not) Alone
- Hello from space!
- Greetings from a film shoot
- dannychoo.com - Danny Choo : Anime, Figures, Idols, Gundam, Otaku and Events from Japan
- Trend Day
- Japanese Deodorant
- Hobby Stock
- Figure News
- WHF Final
- Yuki Nagato Swimsuit No Beach
- 5 Centimeters Per Second
- Her Triggerheart Exelica
- I Had No Idea Kanon Was this Funny
- Anime Blog Award Nominations
- Ramblings of DarkMirage
- Code Geass R2 — Episode 5
- Code Geass R2 — Episode 4
- Maaya Sakamoto - Triangler
- Code Geass R2 — Episode 3
- Ghost in the Shell Live Action
- The FØØL's Progress
- Tokyo International Anime Fair 2008 - Gross National Cool
- TOKYO ANIMATION TOUR - Day 3 - Tokyo International Anime Fair
- TOKYO ANIMATION TOUR - Day 2 - From Akiba to Otome Road
- Say Yes
- 19 currently online
- 45 maximum concurrent
- 2151407 total visitors