1. Get a big camera and profess to be a "photographer".
Why? Many of the hotter girl anime fans are cosplayers and hence they like having their pictures taken. Yet they don’t really know much about photography. So get a DSLR, an external flash and some lens, and make sure you add a BATTERY GRIP. A battery grip is like a lion’s mane, not that useful but sure as hell makes your camera look bigger. And from the girl’s POV, bigger camera = better skillz and more professionalism.
But here’s the crucial next step. You will ask the girl for her contacts (email, messenger, phone number) to "pass her the pictures". Through that, you get the opportunity to talk to her. Beyond that, you could request for "personal photoshoots", which is actually a date! Sounds awesome right? BECAUSE IT IS!! Btw, I heard Darkmirage bought himself a DSLR and rented an external flash unit just for Cosfest. I wonder why…
Range Murata rocks.
2. Write an anime blog or be the owner of a website.
In the digital age of today, lots of cyber stalkers prowl the net. To differentiate yourself from them and establish a strong identity, you need a blog or website. The owner of a popular website like, That Anime Blog, would surely not do bad things to you if you go out with him right? I mean, he’s sooo friendly and intelligent online. The bigger your website, the more credible you seem. And if her friends read your website, it’s even better! She’ll have further incentive to date you because it adds bragging rights. Like "Hey, Janice, you love THAT anime blog right? You read it every day right? Well, that guy is my boyfriend…"
The other important advantage of having an anime blog is that it’s a shining resume of your anime knowledge. If you don’t have a blog, you will have to impress the girl within a short timeframe, most likely through your oral communication skills, clearly one subject most otaku fail. But with a blog, you can slip her the link and if it’s a good site, she’ll read it and be impressed.
He should work for a major clothing line. Victoria’s Secret sucks compared to his designs.
3. Be an active member of forums where youngsters (who wants to date old people right?) with similar interests to you congregate. Like SGcafe.
First I must clarify that this method works extremely well if the forum is also sorted by geographical proximity. Think the Well, Craigslist. But the problem with such anime forums, especially here in Singapore, is that they tend to be fucking retarded. Like half the people there are 12 year old (mentally) and think they are soooo awesome because a) they cosplay (regardless of merit) or b) they have large post counts (gained by spam). I know it’s painful to have to lower yourselves down to that level, in order to participate in the forum. But love is about PAIN!! Quote by Sa-chan of Gintama.
In terms of SGcafe context, you can join a cosplay team, flame war clans or just show up at some offline gatherings. The girl ratio there is rather high, because the place has a huge cosplay slant.
He can also rule the children’s clothing industry.
4. Trash the SOS-dan, Da Capo and other COSPA merchandise. Or at least wear them only until the collar stretches. And the shirts should remain the original colour. Make sure you change your shirts daily too! No, just because you wore it for a mere 5 hours does not mean it’s in "half-clean" mode.
In other words, appearance is still important. Would you date the FYG drooling at her yaoi? No. So why would decent girls date an otaku drooling at H doujin?
For the price of one Haruhi cospa shirt, you are probably buy 3 nice-looking normal ones. Cool jeans cost only 20 bucks at Bugis Street. 20 bucks gets you ONE anime magazine. The key is to seek out good deals to avoid tapping too much into your hobby fund. A good hair cut costs 10-14 bucks, and with longer hair, you can afford to go to the hair dressers’ less and it may even prove to be money-saving. We don’t need to be fashion divas, just at least average would suffice.
Personal hygiene would be important. Wash your hair daily, use deodourant and anti-perspirant. Change your socks often. Wash your face. If you have a bad complexion, see a dermatologist at the Skin Centre. It’s quite inexpensive.
Girls who are into anime tend to be a bit weeabo. They despise the traditional manly body for… girly thin pretty types. Even Lenneth, the Ignis/Kino/Saya/Diva cosplayer, has explicitly stated that she prefers girly men. Since we know our target audience’s tastes, we might as well work on it. It’s like using the Sense materia on the boss to see that it has a weakness to Lightning elemental, and then using Bolt on it. If you choose to follow the girly man path, you will probably lose your chances of dating non-anime-loving girls though. They will think you are too metrosexual and girly for them.
And put Santa out of business.
5. Do not show any girls your moe collection, doujin or hentai series. And don’t talk about them too, at least not too much. By too much I mean anything more than a passing sentence of the "Yeah, every guy has them" type.
Many otaku tend to be rather garrulous about anime. We talk non-stop and don’t care if the other person is disinterested. Many of my otaku friends are like that and even I as a fellow kind can’t stand them at times. There is great benefit in reading social cues and noting only to speak when your listeners are actually interested.
Some otaku have no qualms about showing non-otaku girls even, their hentai CGs. I know one guy who puts a CG sex scene as his MSN avatar picture, which means you’re basically forced to see it. Imagine if you were talking to an FYG and she just keeps showing you pictures of Naruto having sex with the THIRD Hokage.
Basically, my point is that, in conversation, it’s better to avoid treading on topics which the other party might be offended by or disinterested in.
6. Be open-minded towards yaoi and other aspects of female fandom, such as cosplay, screaming and bitching.
"Huh? Didn’t you just say in the point above that we can’t show the girls our hentai? So why can they talk about yaoi to us?" Because there are a lot more girl-seeking guys than guy-seeking girls. Girls can get away with tonnes of bad shit because of this. Many of them are ok with not having boyfriends while most guys are actively seeking one. This demand and supply disjunction contributes to them having a lot more leverage to make… such mistakes and still get our forgiveness.
But nevertheless, you should know that yaoi, cosplay and other aspects of female fandom are still considered very niche (the correct words to use are actually "fucking retarded") in mainstream society. Many of these girls cannot date regular guys because of that. Hence they would much rather date men who understand their hobbies. This is where you come in. If you show openness and understanding towards gay sex and girly men in love, you get extra points. Quite simple right?
7. Research girl-hunting techniques from experts online and offline.
It’s like when you get stuck in an RPG, you need a walkthrough from gamefaqs.com right? Life is such a game. But it’s a game without savepoints and loading.
There are many dating manuals out there, many of which are tried and tested. The fundamental concept in the most effective manuals are always the same - you differentiate yourselves from other guys and make your target chase you instead. I’ll leave you to read up on this yourself. I hate to share secrets.
Btw, what happens if you meet a high level Emerald Weapon and you’re only level 20? You grind on suitably leveled monsters of course. Infer from this my true meaning please.
8. Read up and be informed of the world beyond anime.
If you’re a hardcore otaku, chances are there will be few girls who are as hardcore as you and they will certainly be scared off by your knowledge. By showing you have great knowledge in other aspects of life such as politics, science, ethics, philosophy and sports, it helps to balance out the otakuness so you won’t appear to be fucking useless and retarded. Knowledge is a tangible meter through which you can exude your intelligence. Skills are another aspect, like knowing her to fix her computer, advice on her career and school etc.
But a word of warning. Do not overhelp or show off too much. Overhelping spoils the girl and gives her an impression you’re just a dog. Showing off is bad in all situations.
9. Be funny.
Humour is seen as a sign of intelligence. It also has the benefit of relaxing the girl and making her feel good. Owen S vehemently denies the usefulness of humour (because he doesn’t have any LOLOLOL) but I feel humour is the SAUCE OF LIFE. French fries without sauce don’t taste as good as those eaten with sauces. This applies to all sorts of relationships actually.
Perfect attire for small-chested Asian women.
10. Finally, get to know as many girls as you can.
Biology explains why. Men can ejaculate often while women can only get impregnated by one man. This fundamental difference shapes the viewpoints of each gender. When a guy sees a hugely popular girl, chances are he won’t be interested in her anymore unless he’s really confident in himself. He’ll start thinking of stuff like "oh she’s too good for me." or "Meh, she must be a slut." This is because subconsciously we know that she can only accept one guy due to the pregnancy thingy. It works in a negative feedback mechanism.
For girls on the other hand, the more popular a guy gets, the more girls will like him. This is because the girls are programmed to seek quality assurance. If so many girls like this guy, he must be good (ie have good genes) and since he can ejaculate twice a day, there’s plenty of him to go around. This is why you see fangirls screaming at concerts of boybands, fanclubs for handsome jocks being formed in school. This is also why a guy gets uber popular with girls the moment he gets attached, but when he’s single, nobody wants him. Girls operate in a positive feedback loop, much like how breast milk is made. The more you drink the breast milk, the more is produced.
Thus, what you want to do is to know as many girls as possible, so that your real target will be attracted to you more. It also allows you to grind your levels, if you get what I mean.
Popularity: 13% [?]
- Scathing reviews.: 20% (233)
- Funny lists.: 12% (145)
- Sexy pictures.: 53% (631)
- Event coverage.: 3% (36)
- Interviews.: 2% (26)
- Photos.: 10% (123)
Total Votes : 1194
- dannychoo.com - dannychoo.com - Your portal to Japan
- A Week in Tokyo 27
- Dark Saint
- Japanese Farts
- Tokyo By Night
- Ryouko Asakura
- Welcome To The NHK, Part One
- Gwendolyn, Odin Sphere’s Valkyrie
- Finished Kanon
- Unity Yuno
- PSE-02 Chris Santa
- Ramblings of DarkMirage
- Comiket: War Zone
- Change Is Coming
- Tower of Druaga
- Japan Trip 2008 - Damage Report
- Comiket 75 - Loot
- Sankaku Complex
- This is Blu-ray Quality: Gundam 00 SS
- Mobile Kennel
- Korean Death Threats Made Against Hetalia Author
- Aya Hirano Heads All Star Dragonball Evolution Dub Cast
- Megurine Luka Gallery
- THAT Animeblog
- Gundam 00 S2 - 17: Andrei’s Hail Mary
- Maria+Holic, Episode 4- Oh Shaft
- Maria-sama ga Miteru - 04: The Machinations of Yoshino
- Minami-ke Okaeri - 04: Fighting Touma, Hidden Banchou
- White Album - 04: Calling Your Date Collect…
- The FØØL's Progress
- Who watched the Watchmen?
- Adrian Teo Presents: Dating & Adultery
- The Beholder of Earth’s Future
- Death of a Nation: The Kingdom of Ryukyu
- College Life
- Diary of an Otaku #2:
- [LianYL] Cartoons From Before
- Are You Embarrassed by the Name of your Blog?
- I’m Off to Japan! Envy me!
- [Ascaloth] CLANNAD ~After Story~, Episode 21
- Shangri-La: A List of Do-Nots Please, Gonzo
- [LianYL] Someone Take My Wallet Away From Me
- Diary of an Otaku #1: An Introduction
- Why I’m not FUNNY Anymore.
- ANIME’S EVIL!! THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!
- And the New Academic Year Begins… Anyone Joining Up?
- [Kokanaden] Otaku helpline!
- Creating an Environment for Siscon Experimentation
- Is the AnimeBlogging Community Saturated? Find Some Rising Stars Here!
- Valentine’s Day! What are You Doing on That Day?
- It’s Christmas! What is the Worst Thing a Woman has Done to You in 2007?
- Are You an Otaku Girlfriend? Get HAWTER in 10 Different Ways!
- [Sticky] Is Anime the Main Avenue for Jpop Growth Outside Japan?
- [Kokanaden] Otaku helpline V
Most Commented Posts
- Goodbye School Rumble Season 2! Hello Season 3! - 563
- Eureka seveN!! "Decent" Anime?? CHIGAUUUU!! Ultima Class Anime. Spoilers here. - 223
- Anime Rave: Gakuen Alice - 186
- [LianYL] Hello, Bots And Readers Alike - 176
- Exclusive: The Vision of Odexflowne - 159
- Hot Discussion: Is Anime Good for Us? Are We Proud of Liking It? - 154
- Movie Review: Koizora is so Bad, it makes Dumb and Dumber Smart - 150
- Ouran: Who should Haruhi Date? - 139
- Nerds Make the Best Boyfriends. FACT! - 112
- Q and A! Find Out What You Need to Know About the Never-Ending Odex Saga! - 95
- 9 currently online
- 51 maximum concurrent
- 3280355 total visitors