After one and a half years, Riuva.com is finally expanding! I’ve been thinking about it for some time but never got down to asking people. Until recently. If you’ve noticed, the updating rates have been slowing to a crawl no thanks to my being away from home, out of touch with the community, and not watching anime or even buying figures in general.
I’ve stopped caring about pageviews and all that a long time ago, but I do care about the survival of the site. So I saw the only viable way foward was to share the joy (and work), much like how Impz outsources the writing of his articles to 3rd world countries like Australia and the US. Unlike the esteemed trap however, I just opened up places for people who are in the same college as me, the National University of Singapore. Right now, we have 4 new members, each of whom have different job classes and unique special skills.
Let’s just do a quick introduction.
Job Class: Swordsman of Water
We stole him over from another website. Ascaloth is a freshie from NUS’s arts faculty as well, intending to major in sociology. Ascaloth will be solely responsible for the live-action branch of Riuva, because I don’t watch real people on my screen. He has only picked up anime only recently and liking weak shit like KANON. I thought Kanon was boring but apparently Ascaloth likes it as much as I like Gintama. Ascaloth will be providing reviews on anime series, both old and new, as well as commentary on the latest happenings and trends of the anime world.
Job Class: Female Warrior Monk
This 3rd year NUS History major is well-armed with the ancient martial arts of Tae Kwon Do. Her favourite anime is Claymore and apparently, that’s all she’s going to talk about. Yeah we all like Claymore don’t we? She plans on talking about each and every Claymore, from their boobage to the power levels. Team Riuva has lacked an indepth analyst on specific series thus far, because I tend to jump from one to another faster than the speed of Phantom Miria. So Hynavian (manly nic) will add a new dimension to the team in terms of series-specific posts.
Job Class: Rogue Berserker
This man is so emo, his wails of anguish can be heard from miles away. His favourite series are the sissy ones, like Nodame, Honey and Clover, 1 Litre of Tears and all that. Kokanaden is quite my opposite in that he is not manly and cool like me but rather, sensitive and emo. Readers who have been turned off by my huge amounts of testosterone will like Kokywoky. He is, in fact, a 1st year arts student from NUS just like Ascaloth. Apparently soon-to-be a double major in economics and political science. Kokanaden will write sensitive posts for Riuva, on tear-jerking series. Oh yeah, he has a hidden side though, when he gets upset, he morphs into Berserker and smashes people with words.
Job Class: Bard
Remember he wrote a Gatekeepers 21 post the length of tripeman’s penises combined? Yup, that’s him. While Crest is not officially an NUS student yet, he will be entering next year. Yet another from the faculty of arts, his favourite weapons are the smoke screen and the flash bang. He actually has his own blog but it’s dead. Or playing dead. Crest has the role of writing the really long articles in a serious tone, complete with music and dance. I can only write long articles mocking others.
Expect to see more of the same posts by me, as well the additional variety of styles and interests thanks to these newcomers. If you’re an NUS student and interested to contribute articles to this blog, feel free to email me at tjhan86 AT riuva dot com. If you’re not a student here, it’s fine as well actually. Strangely, all the above are arts students. I’m from Science though. Can’t help it I guess, most Science students can’t even string a coherent sentence together in English.
There are only 2 criteria: Good English and interesting content. I hate poor grammar and Singlish.
Popularity: 8% [?]
- dannychoo.com - dannychoo.com - Your portal to Japan
- A Week in Tokyo 27
- Dark Saint
- Japanese Farts
- Tokyo By Night
- Ryouko Asakura
- Black Rock Shooter
- Honey & Clover, After Set 1
- Yagyu Jubei
- What My Top 5 Anime Says
- More from Baka than a Bunch of Idiots
- Ramblings of DarkMirage
- A Tribute to Anonymous
- EOY Cosplay 2009
- Anime Festival Asia 2009
- Animation Asia Conference 2009
- Sankaku Complex
- Love Plus Hentai Plus Gallery
- 60 Police Crowd Station over Mass Exhibitionism
- A Decade of Pantsu Anime
- A Decade of Bishoujo Anime Character Design
- Regular Sex “Halves Heart Attacks”
- THAT Animeblog
- Gundam 00 S2 - 17: Andrei’s Hail Mary
- Maria+Holic, Episode 4- Oh Shaft
- Maria-sama ga Miteru - 04: The Machinations of Yoshino
- Minami-ke Okaeri - 04: Fighting Touma, Hidden Banchou
- White Album - 04: Calling Your Date Collect…
- The FØØL's Progress
- End of File
- Animation Nation 2009
- It Takes A Wizard
- Gundam Fiesta Singapore 2009
- Gundam Gals
- Why I have not Updated for Weeks: Filling up My Passport with Stamps!
- [Tenshi_MKII] Merry Christmas Everyone!
- Super Exhaustive 2000-2009 Anime List with Notes so You will Learn.
- [LianYL] End Of Year Clearance Sales
- Evangelion 2.0 in Cinemas! Best Battles in History of Anime.
- [Tenshi_MKII] Turn A Gundam in Seitokai no Ichizon?
- Exclusive Interview with Mika, the Hot Maid from Moe Moe Kyun!
- [Tenshi_MKII] Zero: Tsukihami no Kamen AKA Fatal Frame 4 is not as scary/hard as the previous games
- [G-man] Geek to Geek…. Why not?
- [G-Man] Gintama The Movie
- [Riuva Bazaar] Riuva Joins Forces with KKnM to Bring You Small Merchandise
- Figurine News: An Ugly Black Cat Trading Set, Big Meg, Kenshin Trading Set and other News…
- Don’t Rush Home to Download Stuff! Do it Long-Range, like Divine Buster!
- Shop for Anime DVDs Using Riuva Now!
- Gundam Seed Stargazer Update: Bandai Milks the Fans Well
- [LianYL] Max Factory Mikuru Creates Closed Space
- 15 February Shipment
- Ultra-Level Up in Anime-watching and PS3 Capabilities
- [LianYL] Finally, Minna no Mina
- Figurine News: SR DX Kanaria For June from Yujin (Yujin Sucks)
Most Commented Posts
- Goodbye School Rumble Season 2! Hello Season 3! - 620
- Eureka seveN!! "Decent" Anime?? CHIGAUUUU!! Ultima Class Anime. Spoilers here. - 253
- Anime Rave: Gakuen Alice - 194
- Movie Review: Koizora is so Bad, it makes Dumb and Dumber Smart - 186
- [LianYL] Hello, Bots And Readers Alike - 179
- Hot Discussion: Is Anime Good for Us? Are We Proud of Liking It? - 161
- Exclusive: The Vision of Odexflowne - 161
- Ouran: Who should Haruhi Date? - 160
- [LianYL] Aaaaand My Own Bazaar Starts Now - 123
- Nerds Make the Best Boyfriends. FACT! - 118
- 15 currently online
- 88 maximum concurrent
- 4154863 total visitors