When I left home on my way to the busy shopping district with lots of hot girls (from 13 to 30 is fine), it was pouring heavily. So I brought an umbrella along. This is a story of how cold and apathetic City people are. When I reached the city, it was raining there too and there was this cute girl about my age who was on the same bus as me. We were getting off at the same stop, and there was a short 4 metre walk to the sheltered area under the bus stop. So when we both alighted, I opened up my umbrella and held it such that she wouldn’t get wet too. And guess what? Every single person turned and stared! Even the girl herself was shocked… since the common consensus is that to each his own here in the busy and cold city. Or maybe I look like a rapist? I doubt so though…
I decided to try it again. This time, I spotted easy prey. There were four young and pretty girls (the phrase ‘young girl’ is suggestive in the anime community, isn’t it?) huddled very tight under ONE foldable umbrella. The type that’s half the size of a normal one. So the 5 of us were waiting to cross a busy road to get to this mall where beautiful young people decked out in the latest pseudo-Japanese fashion hang out and I offered to share my umbrella with them. Cue 5 minutes of discussion among themselves. And then a very hesitant, “ok.” It was like as if they had to choose two out of the four to sacrifice. Quite funny actually, but this shows how a single act of courtesy here in an urban environment is treated with suspicion. But they were quite cute so I forgive them.
Anyway, I spent quite the fortune today on manga, merchandise and hardware. First is an Epson Stylus CX3700, a budget scanner/printer/copier. Now I do not have to rely on others for scans! I went to the usual anime hub, where I saw a few things of interest. The FF trading figure set was one of them and as expected, trading figure sets are expensive and hideous. The secret was a Vincent in Turk Uniform. The Fate trading figure set is ugly too.
I really wanted the Palm Characters Kino, as mentioned last week. So I asked the store guys if they could somehow use X-ray vision to see through the packaging and get me one of those. And they did, magically conjuring one up. So I do have the Kino now. I wish there was a 1/8 version though, since Kino is probably the most apathetic, cool and kick-ass gun-using female main character around. Cost of one Palm Character = 10 dollars. Cost of using X-ray vision = 2 dollars. So I paid 12. At least I didn’t buy a random pack, getting a Shana or something.
The girl at the comic store called me about the arrival of my manga. Yeah all 14 volumes of the famed F-Compo, by legend Hojo Tsukasa. 14 volumes of sex-changing, gender bending and cross-dressing comedic social commentary.
Finally, I went on another pencil board spree. Pencil boards are essentially useless outside Japan, except for collection. I stick them on the walls of my office work area. I bought 6 pencil boards, namely of Blood+, Canvas 2, FMA, School Days, Nanoha and GunxSword. I also got the B2 sized poster of Jigoku Shoujo, for my own room.
What a harvest! But at what cost… I feel slim. Must be the wallet.
Here are the goods! Unfortunately, the F.Compo is by the local publisher and hence censored.
The Blood+ pencil board is really nice. I shall scan these sometime when I have my new scanner set up.
- Evil Eyes: You Can Do It Too!
- Figure News: Koto Strikes Out with Messy Nanoha
- IRC Drama: SchRum is Static, Mayama is Passive and other Hilarious Jokes…
- Riuva Quiz: School Rumble Edition!
- Figure Review: Mermaid Rei - It’s Amazing how Rei Makes Even Poor Quality Hot.
- I Went Out! Stepping Back into Mainstreamism
- Poll: Asym or Sym? and New Poll: Fixed or Poseable Figurines?
- Figure Review: SR DX Kanaria, Catch Her Before She Warps Out!
- Hotlinkers MUST DIE!
- Slow Day, Fantastic Pictures.
- The Pirates, Comics Connection, Dirty Dirty Bootleg Posters
- Weekly Rounds: The Wave Continues… I’m buried in Poly-Vinyl Chloride.
- Weekly Rounds: Range Murata Figure, Black Cat Gashapon and other News….
- Weekly Rounds: Mega Manga Intake! and other news…
- Weekly Rounds: An Ill-fated Acrylic Display Case and other News…
- Hi Blogsuki
- Weekly Rounds
- Weekly Rounds: Mecha Musume Fever, Samurai Champloo Cap and other news…
- Weekly Rounds: Shaman King Headphones, Binaltech Policecar and other News…
- Weekly Rounds: 5h Sporting Marathon, a Manga Avalanche and other news…
- 5 currently online
- 35 maximum concurrent
- 121197 total visitors