That is just not true! I am actually a very busy man, you know. You see, because of my overseas trip, I had to catch up on two episodes of CLANNAD, two episodes of ef ~a tale of memories~, and an episode of Gundam 00. On top of that, I have two CLANNAD articles to publish back to back due to the backlog, plus there’s the upcoming Final Critique of ef that I have to plan for……actually, never mind.
CLANNAD (TV), Episode 12.
And anybody who’s late will be punished!
(Sorry, couldn’t resist.)
Ah, yes. The typical male reaction to being dragged around by a group of girls to go shopping; I know the feeling. KyoAni’s certainly got that one right.
(If you take a look at this scene and at the next two, you’ll notice that it’s always the second person on the left who jerks his or her head up suddenly.)
Whoa. That’s one ginormous anteater. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a stuffed toy THAT big……or have I? :p
(One, how did they get that anteater in that machine, and two, how do they expect that anteater to fit into the drop chute?!)
(Is it a good or a bad thing that I feel the need the rattle off the official name of the chassis type and drivetrain of one of Japan’s most famous cars in a CLANNAD article?)
Although this line looks like an SHnY reference, the folks at TWH-Sprocket have assured me that it’s not actually the case. Apparently, Kotomi’s parents were working on some newfangled quantum physics theory called "Calabi-Yau manifold", which when translated from physics-speak to English, means that additional dimensions can be added to normal 3D space and 1D time-space, to come up with the theory that there may be alternate dimensions in this universe…….
……you know what? Let’s just tag it as "Haruhi reference" and run with it. Gives an opportunity for otakus to squee "KyoAni daisuki, aishiteru" and for certain people to complain about supposedly excessive self-referencing by the supposedly-arrogant people at the studio.
And Tomoya’s dreams reach full circle, with him remembering that he apparently had a past with Kotomi. This is somewhat similar with Kanon’s Yuuichi-Mai storyline…except that, as far as I can tell, a real tragedy did strike Kotomi; probably the accident that robbed Kotomi of her parents, and from the looks of the dreams, Tomoya was actually there at the scene when it happened. I really want to know more about what actually happened, but that will have to wait for next episode.
Oh well…..in any case, it has been a great ride following CLANNAD this year, and if indications are to go by, it will continue to be fun going into the next year. And at least, the BS~i broadcasts are going on as scheduled, so by the time TBS broadcasts again, the 16:9 episodes will only be a week behind it. Well then, until January 11 rolls around, I wish you all a Merry Xmas, and a Happy New Year!
Ascaloth of RIUVA, signing out of the weekly CLANNAD broadcasts for 2007.
Popularity: 9% [?]
- dannychoo.com - dannychoo.com - Your portal to Japan
- A Week in Tokyo 27
- Dark Saint
- Japanese Farts
- Tokyo By Night
- Ryouko Asakura
- Black Rock Shooter
- Honey & Clover, After Set 1
- Yagyu Jubei
- What My Top 5 Anime Says
- More from Baka than a Bunch of Idiots
- Ramblings of DarkMirage
- A Tribute to Anonymous
- EOY Cosplay 2009
- Anime Festival Asia 2009
- Animation Asia Conference 2009
- Sankaku Complex
- Love Plus Hentai Plus Gallery
- 60 Police Crowd Station over Mass Exhibitionism
- A Decade of Pantsu Anime
- A Decade of Bishoujo Anime Character Design
- Regular Sex “Halves Heart Attacks”
- THAT Animeblog
- Gundam 00 S2 - 17: Andrei’s Hail Mary
- Maria+Holic, Episode 4- Oh Shaft
- Maria-sama ga Miteru - 04: The Machinations of Yoshino
- Minami-ke Okaeri - 04: Fighting Touma, Hidden Banchou
- White Album - 04: Calling Your Date Collect…
- The FØØL's Progress
- End of File
- Animation Nation 2009
- It Takes A Wizard
- Gundam Fiesta Singapore 2009
- Gundam Gals
- Why I have not Updated for Weeks: Filling up My Passport with Stamps!
- [Tenshi_MKII] Merry Christmas Everyone!
- Super Exhaustive 2000-2009 Anime List with Notes so You will Learn.
- [LianYL] End Of Year Clearance Sales
- Evangelion 2.0 in Cinemas! Best Battles in History of Anime.
- [Tenshi_MKII] Turn A Gundam in Seitokai no Ichizon?
- Exclusive Interview with Mika, the Hot Maid from Moe Moe Kyun!
- [Tenshi_MKII] Zero: Tsukihami no Kamen AKA Fatal Frame 4 is not as scary/hard as the previous games
- [G-man] Geek to Geek…. Why not?
- [G-Man] Gintama The Movie
- [Ascaloth] CLANNAD (TV): After Story Announced!!!
- [Ascaloth] CLANNAD (TV), Episode 01
- [Ascaloth] CLANNAD (TV), Episode 06
- [Ascaloth] Taking a leave of absence…
- [Ascaloth] CLANNAD (TV), Episode 13
- [Ascaloth] CLANNAD ~After Story~, Episode 16
- [Ascaloth] CLANNAD (TV), Episode 08
- [Ascaloth] CLANNAD (TV), Episode 05
- [Ascaloth] CLANNAD (TV), Episode 03
- [Ascaloth] CLANNAD ~After Story~, Episode 2
Most Commented Posts
- Goodbye School Rumble Season 2! Hello Season 3! - 620
- Eureka seveN!! "Decent" Anime?? CHIGAUUUU!! Ultima Class Anime. Spoilers here. - 253
- Anime Rave: Gakuen Alice - 195
- Movie Review: Koizora is so Bad, it makes Dumb and Dumber Smart - 186
- [LianYL] Hello, Bots And Readers Alike - 179
- Hot Discussion: Is Anime Good for Us? Are We Proud of Liking It? - 161
- Exclusive: The Vision of Odexflowne - 161
- Ouran: Who should Haruhi Date? - 160
- [LianYL] Aaaaand My Own Bazaar Starts Now - 123
- Nerds Make the Best Boyfriends. FACT! - 118
- 11 currently online
- 88 maximum concurrent
- 4155793 total visitors